Posted By
Mym
Feb 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to select part of a pic in Photoshop 7, then print only the part I selected? I have done it successfully many times in the past, but now the entire pic prints, not just the selection.

Thanks for any help!

unome

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

D
Design-Crowd
Feb 14, 2005
You could duplicate the image, save the original and work on the copy then simply crop the part you want to print

Regards
JohnT (admin)
www.designcrowd.com
Freelancers Freedom From Fees
Designers, Programmers & Web developers

"Mym" wrote in message
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to select part of a pic in Photoshop 7, then print only the part I selected? I have done it successfully many times in the past, but now the entire pic prints, not just the selection.

Thanks for any help!

unome

M
Mym
Feb 14, 2005
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, in the past I have selected the desired portion of the image (in Photoshop 7)with the rectangular marquee tool, and when printing with my Epson 2200 I had the choice of printing the image or just printing the selection. Now, for some strange reason I am not given that option. If you or anyone knows how to restore that option, I’d greatly appreciate hearing about it.

unome

"Design-Crowd" wrote in message
You could duplicate the image, save the original and work on the copy then simply crop the part you want to print

Regards
JohnT (admin)
www.designcrowd.com
Freelancers Freedom From Fees
Designers, Programmers & Web developers

"Mym" wrote in message
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to select part of a pic in Photoshop 7, then
print
only the part I selected? I have done it successfully many times in the past, but now the entire pic prints, not just the selection.

Thanks for any help!

unome

TT
Tom Thomas
Feb 14, 2005
"Mym" wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Actually, in the past I have selected the desired portion of the image (in Photoshop 7)with the rectangular marquee tool, and when printing with my Epson 2200 I had the choice of printing the image or just printing the selection. Now, for some strange reason I am not given that option. If you or anyone knows how to restore that option, I’d greatly appreciate hearing about it.

Perhaps you have some feathering applied to the marquee tool. Check the options bar.
——————
Tom

Unsolicited advertisements cheerfully ignored.
J
JD
Feb 14, 2005
On 14-Feb-05 10:29, Mym wrote:

Hi,

unome

Select Print With Preview. When I do that there is a box to check to "print selection."

I’m using an Epson Stylus Photo 820.

JD..
M
Mym
Feb 14, 2005
Thanks! That was my problem – I had feathering at 3px applied, and when I changed it to 0 it still did not work, but when I saved with 0 feathering, closed and re-opened, then I was finally able to print the selection. Many thanks!!!!

unome

"Tom Thomas" wrote in message
"Mym" wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Actually, in the past I have selected the desired portion of the image (in Photoshop 7)with the rectangular marquee tool,
and
when printing with my Epson 2200 I had the choice of printing the image
or
just printing the selection. Now, for some strange reason I am not given that option. If you or anyone knows how to restore that option, I’d
greatly
appreciate hearing about it.

Perhaps you have some feathering applied to the marquee tool. Check the options bar.
——————
Tom

Unsolicited advertisements cheerfully ignored.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections