Does Transform Resize Use Bicubic Sampling?

JE
Posted By
jim evans
Nov 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What sampling method is used when resizing using Transform | Scale — nearest neighbor or bicubic (or something else)?

I often combine images where the proportions of one part need to be scaled with respect to the other. I’ve been resizing the second part before adding it to the first, but Transform | Scale would be faster and if the quality of the result is the same I’d like to switch to that method.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

D
Digit
Nov 4, 2003

d. 04 nov 2003 wrote jim evans in
news::

What sampling method is used when resizing using Transform | Scale — nearest neighbor or bicubic (or something else)?

Preferences > General > Interpolation

/Digit
T
tacitr
Nov 4, 2003

It uses whatever you specify in the Preferences command. By default, this is icubic interpolation.

Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
JE
jim evans
Nov 4, 2003
Thanks for the replies.

I had seen the option in preferences, but thought maybe it only set the default in Image Resize. I have used programs that did not use the same sampling method when resizing via mouse.
CC
Chris Cox
Nov 10, 2003
It uses the default sampling specified in preferences.

Chris

In article , jim evans
wrote:

I often combine images where the proportions of one part need to be scaled with respect to the other. I’ve been resizing the second part before adding it to the first, but Transform | Scale would be faster and if the quality of the result is the same I’d like to switch to that method.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections