CW
Posted By
C Wright
Feb 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I searched for past posts on this subject and have not seen any for some time so thought that I would ask! To those who have, or are using, the nik sharpener (any of the versions) is it worth getting? Specifically, it better than just using PS CS Unsharp Mask? Or, for those who may have tried it, is it equal to or better than Photokit Sharpener?
Chuck

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JD
John Doe
Feb 4, 2005
No. There are better less expensive better working and more powerful ways to sharpen your images. Nik is way over priced and does a very poor job. Do a search on Google or Yahoo for Photoshop Sharpening Plug-in and take a look around. One I use and like is http://www.ultrasharpen.com

John

"C Wright" wrote in message
I searched for past posts on this subject and have not seen any for some time so thought that I would ask! To those who have, or are using, the nik sharpener (any of the versions) is it worth getting? Specifically, it better
than just using PS CS Unsharp Mask? Or, for those who may have tried it, is
it equal to or better than Photokit Sharpener?
Chuck
BD
Bobby Dogg
Feb 4, 2005
John Doe is absolutelt right. Wate of money and Ultrashrpen is far bettter leaving fewer or no halos if used properly

BD

"John Doe" wrote in message
No. There are better less expensive better working and more powerful ways to sharpen your images. Nik is way over priced and does a very poor job. Do a search on Google or Yahoo for Photoshop Sharpening Plug-in and take a look around. One I use and like is http://www.ultrasharpen.com
John

I searched for past posts on this subject and have not seen any for some time so thought that I would ask! To those who have, or are using, the nik
sharpener (any of the versions) is it worth getting? Specifically, it better
Chuck

J
jjs
Feb 4, 2005
No. There are better less expensive better working and more powerful ways to sharpen your images. Nik is way over priced and does a very poor job. Do a search on Google or Yahoo for Photoshop Sharpening Plug-in and take a look around. One I use and like is http://www.SPAM.com

Oh, John, there ya go again.
BD
Bobby Dogg
Feb 4, 2005
Which means what in English?

BD

"jjs" <john&#064;xstafford.net> wrote in message
No. There are better less expensive better working and more powerful ways to sharpen your images. Nik is way over priced and does a very poor job. Do a search on Google or Yahoo for Photoshop Sharpening Plug-in and take a look around. One I use and like is http://www.SPAM.com

L
leon
Feb 5, 2005
C Wright wrote:
I searched for past posts on this subject and have not seen any for some time so thought that I would ask! To those who have, or are using, the nik sharpener (any of the versions) is it worth getting? Specifically, it better than just using PS CS Unsharp Mask? Or, for those who may have tried it, is it equal to or better than Photokit Sharpener?
Chuck

Photokit sharpener is the best that I have used and I have tried nik and most of the other options.
V
Vic
Feb 5, 2005
I searched for past posts on this subject and have not seen any for some time so thought that I would ask! To those who have, or are using, the nik sharpener (any of the versions) is it worth getting? Specifically, it
better

Regrettably, nothing from Nik is worth the inflated and extortionate prices they charge.
WD
Walter Donavan
Feb 5, 2005
Thanks to one of your posters I downloaded Ultra Sharpen 6.1 Lite and am using it in PS7. The price is right and it does a noticeably (but not remarkably) better job than I can do with any combination of Sharpen, Sharpen Edges, and/or Unsharp Mask. And I’m pretty good at using them. 🙂

I am now downloading the trial version of Photokit Sharpener but, lamentably, its price is nowhere near right ($100).
CW
C Wright
Feb 5, 2005
On 2/5/05 1:02 PM, in article HF8Nd.15558$,
"Walter Donavan" wrote:

Thanks to one of your posters I downloaded Ultra Sharpen 6.1 Lite and am using it in PS7. The price is right and it does a noticeably (but not remarkably) better job than I can do with any combination of Sharpen, Sharpen Edges, and/or Unsharp Mask. And I’m pretty good at using them. 🙂
I am now downloading the trial version of Photokit Sharpener but, lamentably, its price is nowhere near right ($100).
Thanks to all for the replies regarding nik and other sharpeners. I have decided to not use nik in that it is a lot of money (specially for the complete version) and no one who replied recommended it. Like the responder above, I have decided to try PhotoKit Sharpener. After using it for a day I am already impressed and will definitely be paying for it! Chuck
U
Uni
Feb 6, 2005
Bobby Dogg wrote:
John Doe is absolutelt right. Wate of money and Ultrashrpen is far bettter leaving fewer or no halos if used properly

If Bobby Dogg says it’s good, you can bet your sweet bippy it is.

🙂

Uni

BD

John

I searched for past posts on this subject and have not seen any for some time so thought that I would ask! To those who have, or are using, the nik
Chuck

S
SJB
Feb 6, 2005
"Walter Donavan" wrote in message

Rather than using Photoshop’s sharpening filters or another plug-in product, you might want to try doing a "High Pass Sharpen" first, to see if that meets your needs.

Here’s how:

– create a duplicate layer of your target layer
– change blending mode to "overlay" … don’t worry it will look garrish until the next step
– Apply the filter "Other -High Pass" … start with the slider all the way to the left and gradually move it right until you see the amount of sharpening you like.

I tend to use this method of sharpening a lot (although not exclusively) I get a better feeling of control in certain situations. Try it, you might find it works for you and doesn’t cost anything extra.

SB
S
Scruff
Feb 6, 2005
Sweet Bippy, now that’s dating yourself!

"Uni" wrote in message
Bobby Dogg wrote:
John Doe is absolutelt right. Wate of money and Ultrashrpen is far
bettter
leaving fewer or no halos if used properly

🙂

Uni

BD

No. There are better less expensive better working and more powerful
ways
to sharpen your images. Nik is way over priced and does a very poor job. Do a search on Google or Yahoo for Photoshop Sharpening Plug-in and take
a
look around. One I use and like is http://www.ultrasharpen.com
John

I searched for past posts on this subject and have not seen any for
some
time so thought that I would ask! To those who have, or are using, the nik
than just using PS CS Unsharp Mask? Or, for those who may have tried
it,
is
Chuck
S
Scruff
Feb 6, 2005
Ultrasharpen, hands down.

I searched for past posts on this subject and have not seen any for some time so thought that I would ask! To those who have, or are using, the nik sharpener (any of the versions) is it worth getting? Specifically, it
better
than just using PS CS Unsharp Mask? Or, for those who may have tried it,
is
Chuck
D
dglaser
Feb 6, 2005
For those interested in using Photoshop to do sharpening, I have created a summary page of all the techniques I have come across in my PS learning at:

http://www.pacificsites.net/~dglaser/art/PhotoShopTips/PSTip sDaleSum07S.html

Dale
U
Uni
Feb 6, 2005
Scruff wrote:
Sweet Bippy, now that’s dating yourself!

Right on, brother!

🙂

Uni

"Uni" wrote in message

Bobby Dogg wrote:

John Doe is absolutelt right. Wate of money and Ultrashrpen is far
bettter

leaving fewer or no halos if used properly

🙂

Uni

BD

No. There are better less expensive better working and more powerful
ways

to sharpen your images. Nik is way over priced and does a very poor job. Do a search on Google or Yahoo for Photoshop Sharpening Plug-in and take
a

look around. One I use and like is http://www.ultrasharpen.com
John

I searched for past posts on this subject and have not seen any for
some

time so thought that I would ask! To those who have, or are using, the nik
than just using PS CS Unsharp Mask? Or, for those who may have tried
it,

is
Chuck

JD
John Doe
Feb 6, 2005
jjs I did it because I missed our banter. You really get me hot and I missed you! 🙂

John

"jjs" <john&#064;xstafford.net> wrote in message

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections