H
Posted By
Herb
Feb 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone have a guess as to when Photoshop CS ver.9 will come out. I don’t want to buy CS ver. 8 and have 9 come out next week.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

J
jjs
Feb 3, 2005
"Herb" wrote in message
Anyone have a guess as to when Photoshop CS ver.9 will come out. I don’t want to buy CS ver. 8 and have 9 come out next week.

I’ll bet a warm Guinness on June. Maybe March but that would be good only for an imitation beer like Budweiser. If it comes out in December all I’ll give is a snowball.

But the Real Question is "what will it have"? My bet is on more Illustrator-like vector features, and a configurable interface (gosh, not just tear-offs please). Now if Adobe would only smooth out the interfaces so that Illustrator and PS behaved similarly. They hardly seem to be from the same vendor.
EG
Eric Gill
Feb 3, 2005
"Herb" wrote in news:gQqMd.13041$2e7.5022
@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

Great. Wait till 9 comes out, then be afraid to upgrade till 10 comes out. And then there’s 11…
R
RSD99
Feb 3, 2005
I read this … from "another" newsgroup

I found this URL recently

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0501adobe.html

And posted the following (copied from that site) to that newsgroup:

"…
Whether an official announcement will arrive at Expo is not entirely certain (Adobe has scheduled an NDA press meeting, however, for what that’s worth), but reliable sources indicate that Creative Suite 2.0 will ship in March 2005. Since the publication of our preliminary report last year on Creative Suite 2.0 and the next version of GoLive, we have collated some notes regarding the next versions of Photoshop and Illustrator.

Photoshop CS 2.0

Among the new features arriving in the next and ninth version of Photoshop, code-named Space Monkey, will be the ability to scale placed bit-mapped and vector files losslessly, including the ability to edit the original and have Photoshop update the file; an object-based user interface that will enable, for example, the ability to select multiple layers and perform manipulations across all of them at the same time; Editable Filters, allowing filters to update when filtered content is adjusted; HDR support; a customizable user interface; and a WYSIWYG Font menu.

Photoshop CS 2.0 will not feature 64-bit support, but lays the groundwork for that support, which will arrive with Photoshop 10 (presumably CS 3.0). Photoshop users will also have to wait until Version 10 for the software to use more than 2GB of RAM. Like the rest of the new Creative Suite 2.0 applications, Photoshop CS 2.0 will take advantage of Adobe’s new cross-suite file browser, dubbed Bridge.

There have been rumblings that Creative Suite 2.0 will require stricter product activation than previous Adobe products, and sources say this new product activation mechanism could manifest itself in the stand alone version of Photoshop CS 2.0, as well.
…."

Note the middle paragraph … regarding 64 bit support. It looks like we still have a bit of a wait before we can use *really* *big* RAM in our systems.

Also note that last paragraph … about the "stricter Product Activation" feature(s) … *RATS* … looks like I’m going to have to get even *more* familiar with Picture Window Pro …

"Herb" wrote in message

R
Rick
Feb 3, 2005
"RSD99" wrote in message
I read this … from "another" newsgroup

I found this URL recently

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0501adobe.html

Also note that last paragraph … about the "stricter Product Activation"

….which means hacks which defeat it will be posted within two weeks, instead of one.

Adobe’s march toward cluelessness continues unabated.
DL
Donald Link
Feb 3, 2005
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 14:47:40 GMT, "Herb" wrote:

You can be sure it will not come out next week or even next month. I would bet you would wait 6 months or more. Anyone have an true reply.
R
RSD99
Feb 4, 2005
The "smart money" is on as early as March … and no later than July … this year.

"Donald Link" wrote in message

You can be sure it will not come out next week or even next month. I would bet you would wait 6 months or more. Anyone have an true reply.
CS
Carlos Saraiva
Feb 6, 2005
Hi Herb

Be patient …some day the version 9 will come out. I suggest that you should buy a good and confortable chair and relax. Just seat and wait.

Carlos

"Donald Link" wrote in message

P
Phil
Feb 7, 2005
Maybe a 64 bit version?

Phil
"jjs" wrote in message
"Herb" wrote in message

I’ll bet a warm Guinness on June. Maybe March but that would be good only for an imitation beer like Budweiser. If it comes out in December all I’ll give is a snowball.

But the Real Question is "what will it have"? My bet is on more Illustrator-like vector features, and a configurable interface (gosh, not just tear-offs please). Now if Adobe would only smooth out the interfaces so that Illustrator and PS behaved similarly. They hardly seem to be from the same vendor.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections