S
Posted By
spamproof2005
Jan 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
after installing the tryout version of photoshop, where do you go to activate it if you have a valid serial number?

/ra

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

W
W-30
Jan 21, 2004
"SpamProof" wrote in message
after installing the tryout version of photoshop, where do you go to activate it if you have a valid serial number?

/ra

The tryout version is a tryout version.
S
Smurfy
Jan 23, 2004
"W-30" wrote in message

/ra

Is it? when I installed CS last week it gave me the option of tryout or activation.

I haven’t used one of the tryout versions that come on magazine CD’s and elsewhere, but now that you have to activate CS to make it work past 30 days, are there really any differences between the boxed version and the distributed tryout versions ?

My Flash MX 2004 upgrade required activation also… I guess the days of a software copy on the work box and a copy at home are about over… -not that I would ever do that 😉
P
pjp
Jan 23, 2004
There’s nothing forcing you to buy into this bullshit. Write the company mentioning same. If enough do it, they may possibly change their mind. That’s what I did, PS7 is last for me.

level Devel wrote:
"W-30" wrote in message

/ra

Is it? when I installed CS last week it gave me the option of tryout or activation.

I haven’t used one of the tryout versions that come on magazine CD’s and elsewhere, but now that you have to activate CS to make it work past 30 days, are there really any differences between the boxed version and the distributed tryout versions ?

My Flash MX 2004 upgrade required activation also… I guess the days of a software copy on the work box and a copy at home are about over… -not that I would ever do that 😉
R
roberthouse
Jan 26, 2004
"pjp" wrote in message
There’s nothing forcing you to buy into this bullshit. Write the company mentioning same. If enough do it, they may possibly change their mind. That’s what I did, PS7 is last for me.

Me too. I upgraded every version from 3.0 to 7, but that’s it for now. If enough people will just ask themselves what they really need in CS and figure out there’s really not much (do you really need 16-bit processing or are you just flattering yourself? Can you really see the difference in the end product, double-blind?) If they had done this at version 3, there would be reason for us to be drooling over the upgrade, but what does CS offer that most people will really benefit from? A better file browser? I already have one, it’s called ThumbsPlus.

I’ve seen copies of "OEM Photoshop CS, no manual no support" for sale for less than the legitimate upgrade price, so activation apparently hasn’t stopped the true pirates. The casual ones who borrowed or burned a copy of older versions, and fell in love with the program over time generally have bought legitimate copies eventually; these are the types CS activation will eliminate. It will also eliminate the casual copiers who use PS for what they could do in Irfanview, but those people aren’t any potential market for a $600 program anyway, so there’s really no loss in sales from that aspect.

Don’t buy it. You can spend years learning all PS7 will do; if you find you get to a place where you actually need something in CS that you can’t do in 7, then maybe upgrade, otherwise let Adobe know it’s on the wrong track by not buying.

Gary
Photo Albums: www.pbase.com/roberthouse

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections