RP
Posted By
Robert_Paup
Jan 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Something takes away the focus from PS while I am running no other programs. It happens with other applications also. I exited the McAfee firewall and diconected my ethernet cable but this did not solve the problem. Any suggestions?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
Lundberg02
Jan 2, 2004
What are you talking about? This topic makes no sense.
L
Lundberg02
Jan 4, 2004
This still makes no sense. How can a program steal focus and what the heck do you mean "steal focus"? Tweak UI is just a tool that allows Windows settings to be changed.
Madsen , are you pulling this guy’s chain a little?
TM
Thomas_Madsen
Jan 4, 2004
Madsen , are you pulling this guy’s chain a little?

No I’m not. Programs can steal focus from others. If you’re running Photoshop for instance, and some other program is starting in the background, the other program can steal focus from Photoshop so that Photoshop no longer is the active window. Normally the other program will just flash a couple of times in the taskbar, but some programs just take focus without a warning. You can prevent that from happening with TweakUI (or you can probably change it in the registry if you know the way).

See: <http://home18.inet.tele.dk/madsen/tweakui/focus.png>

Regards
Madsen.
L
Lundberg02
Jan 5, 2004
That is an extremely strange usage of the word "focus", my lad. Of course, I am primarily a Mac user, and I don’t speak Microsoft fluently as a second language
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jan 5, 2004
A program having "focus", meaning being the active window, has been a standard usage term since there have been windowing GUIs (and not limited to only Windows).

Mac
L
Lundberg02
Jan 5, 2004
Focus. See input focus.
Input focus. The area of a window where user interaction is possible from either the keyboard or the mouse.
TM
Thomas_Madsen
Jan 5, 2004
That is an extremely strange usage of the word "focus", my lad.

I haven’t invented the word. 🙂
Does active and inactive sounds better to you then?

Regards
Madsen.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections