JC
Posted By
James_Cupples
Jan 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
would like to use the Adobe Gamma tool for setting up my colour management profile but each time I set it up and save it in the appropriate folder, at the next re-boot, I loose the settings and have to start again. This has been going on now for months. Is there a way to make the ‘setting’ my monitor default setting so that my computer retains the setting after start up or any re-boot.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RP
Russell_Proulx
Jan 2, 2004
at the next re-boot, I loose the settings and have to start again.

Please explain what you mean exactly. Are you saying that the profile you created is being deleted from the ‘color’ system folder? Is Photoshop using the wrong profile?

Have you checked your ‘Desktop Right-click -> Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Color Management’ menu and confirmed that your profile is not being used? Have you tried to load it from that menu (select ‘add’) and set the profile as your default monitor profile?

Sounds like you might not be clear of what Adobe Gamma does and what you’re supposed to do with the monitor profile it creates.

Russell
PC
Philo_Calhoun
Jan 2, 2004
It sounds like you need to add adobe gamma loader to the startup directory. In Photoshop, your files should display well without gamma loader.
L
LenHewitt
Jan 2, 2004
James,

would like to use the Adobe Gamma tool for setting up my colour management
profile <<

Adobe Gamma cpl CREATES a monitor profile and that is all – you have to set your colour management options from Edit>Colour Settings. From that d/box you can SAVE your colour settings to a colour settings file (.CSF).

What makes you believe that you are not using the monitor profile you are using? Did you change the text in the descriptions box when creating your monitor profile? (This is what Photoshop displays when you check which monitor profile is being used)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections