Posted By
Paul_Tipton
Dec 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Happy New Year Everyone

Can someone suggest an appropriate vehicle and/or tutorial for animating the subject in a still photo?

For example: A still photo of a person standing with arms outstretched. I want to extract the subject to a different background and make the arms flap like a bird. I have done this to a certain degree in ImageReady, but I cannot figure out how to get the main body into each frame.

Can this be accomplished in ImageReady or will I have to go to one of Adobes other animation programs?

Thanks much in advance.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
larry
Dec 31, 2003
I think I understand the question…
The way the animation process works is that you need to have the individual frames and add them as layers to one master image. ImageReady then treats each layer as a frame in an animated GIF.

Larry Berman
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 31, 2003
can you clone (erase) the arms off of the person for the background, then add the moving arms only for each frame (on an otherwise transparent layer) and leave the background layer turned on?

IOW, each frame would consist of the background layer and a single layer of arm movement. For each frame, you leave the background on, turn off the last arm layer and make the next arm layer visible.

ie:
(BG = background layer visible, AL# = arm layer visible, all other layers visibility = off)

frame 1 = BG + AL1
frame 2 = BG + AL2
frame 3 = BG + AL3
frame 4 = BG + AL4
frame 5 = BG + AL5
etc.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Dec 31, 2003
Paul,

From the Animation Palette, click the fly-out and select ‘New Layers visible in all frames’. I think this is what you are looking for. Sometimes you want this feature turned on, sometimes off.

A reasonable strategy is to create all your layers first, then add a frame at a time.

Mathias
PT
Paul_Tipton
Jan 1, 2004
Thanks guys. Very helpful

The problem I am having is what ever movement I make in frame 2 also occurs in 1. If you can get me past that, I will be set. Or am I off in the wrong direction?
L
larry
Jan 1, 2004
Is this your first time using ImageReady to create an animation? If so, go over the page about it in the manual. I had problems the first time I used it also. And I don’t do it often enough to retain the information to create animations smoothly.

Larry Berman
PT
Paul_Tipton
Jan 1, 2004
Yes, this is my first try.

I was trying to work off of internet tutorials. I will go to the manual. Shouldn’t be too difficult. It is sitting about two feet from me in the box. Out of sight, out of mind.

Thanks
LR
Lisa_Rose
Sep 13, 2006
KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS cut short.

Ok, I give up. I have searched for a way to create a keyboard shortcut for the PLAY, FAST FORWARD, NEXT FRAME, LAST FRAME console controls in the animation window and cannot see a way to do that. In most applications with controls like this, the keyboard equivalent is pretty standard – ex., spacebar to play and stop playing. Here in CS2 7.0.1 Photoshop, no such luck.

As an animator – the traditional type – needing to flip back and forth between frames, this is a real pain in the arse – having to go move the cursor to the little arrow controls.

Is there truly a way to make these controls control-a-ble via the keyboard? Do tell!

Thanks!
JP
Jean Pierre Daviau
Mar 4, 2008
Hi,

Is it possible to save a gif animation in photoshop cs3?

Thanks for your attention.

Jean Pierre Daviau

windows Xp
asus p4 s533/333/133
Intel(R) Celeron (R) CPU 2.00 GHz
Processor Radeon7000 0x5159 agp
MR
Mike Russell
Mar 4, 2008
"Jean Pierre Daviau" wrote in message
Hi,

Is it possible to save a gif animation in photoshop cs3?

Yes,

Use Photoshop’s Animation Palette to set up your animation, then save for web as a gif. The procedure is significantly different than it was previously, so I’d recommend reading the manual.
< http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/Photoshop/10.0/help.html?con tent=WS50E8405E-2E39-4055-95A0-A94F77C005D2.html>

Mike Russell – www.curvemeister.com
JP
Jean Pierre Daviau
Mar 4, 2008
"Jean Pierre Daviau" a
J
JayBee
Oct 26, 2008
Hi

Is graphical animation possible with the latest versions of Photoshops these days?

Thanks
JB
Jennifer_Beecroft
Oct 26, 2008
Hi

Is it possible to do animation in the latest version of PhotoShop.

Thanks
JayBee
P
Phosphor
Oct 26, 2008
Yes. Animations palette.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections