Posted By
Jacky Luk
Jan 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I saw a lot of cartoon drawings such as Garfield that the Beizer lines are so perfect. When I use path to do the same thing, it never takes me to that height. How to make good drawings with Photoshop? or any professional references I can take a look at.
Thanks
Jack

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
cb
Jan 16, 2005
Photoshop isn’t really a drawing program; its vector capabilities are limited. Look into purchasing a dedicated vector based drawing program such as Adobe Illustrator or Macromedia Freehand.
C
Corey
Jan 16, 2005
If your doing vectors in Photoshop, you may need to do them at a high resolution to achieve the smoothness. Try Illustrator. I’ve used Freehand too, but prefer Illustrator.

Peadge 🙂

"Jacky Luk" wrote in message
Hi,
I saw a lot of cartoon drawings such as Garfield that the Beizer lines are so perfect. When I use path to do the same thing, it never takes me to
that
height. How to make good drawings with Photoshop? or any professional references I can take a look at.
Thanks
Jack

J
jjs
Jan 17, 2005
"Peadge" wrote in message
If your doing vectors in Photoshop, you may need to do them at a high resolution to achieve the smoothness. Try Illustrator. I’ve used Freehand too, but prefer Illustrator.

I think that Adobe is replacing the vector routines in version 9. March.
R
Rick
Jan 17, 2005
"jjs" wrote in message

And undercut their own product (Illustrator)? Doubtful. If they do improve vector handling in PS9 it won’t be by much.
C
Corey
Jan 17, 2005
"Tom" wrote in message
"jjs" wrote in message
If your doing vectors in Photoshop, you may need to do them at a high resolution to achieve the smoothness. Try Illustrator. I’ve used
Freehand
too, but prefer Illustrator.

And undercut their own product (Illustrator)? Doubtful. If they do improve vector handling in PS9 it won’t be by much.
I disagree. I don’t see this move as "undercutting" Illustrator. I see it as bringing the two programs closer together and hence more compatible with each other. Each will undoubtedly still be heads and shoulders above the other in regards to each program’s strong points, but a significant degree of overlap should in no way be viewed as harmful to Adobe. Adobe has made significant strides in the vector capabilities of Photoshop from version to version. I didn’t see a huge change from 7 to CS, but maybe that change will come with 9.

Peadge 🙂
J
jjs
Jan 17, 2005
"Tom" wrote in message
"jjs" wrote in message

I disagree. I don’t see this move as "undercutting" Illustrator. I see it as
bringing the two programs closer together and hence more compatible with each other.

Illustrator’s interface is so terribly different from PS… but then, PS V9 might also have a user customizable interface, and it would about damned time.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections