M
Posted By
Mike
Jan 5, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So0rry if this has been posted already – my newseader gave a huccough…

Can anybody help me with the following. When I download digital photographs (Sony V1) to file they come with those wonderful names such as DSC1234567.jpg. I usually do a
little editing – sharpening, cropping, rotating etc using Photoshop 7 and also rename the photos to something more appropriately descriptive – Crazed Chicked.jpg or whatever. When I have completed this process, Photoshop seems unable to sort the pictures within a directory into the order
taken, i.e. it is limited to Filename ordering, last edit ordering etc. However, the info is still there, as
Microsoft’s File Explorer can still display the pictures in ‘Order Taken’, and displays the date and time the photo was taken in a pop-up if I hover the mouse over the thumbnail image. If, however, I copy the directory to a CD it seems to lose the info. To make this a Photoshop enquiry, :), can Photoshop CS oredr pictures in ‘time taken’ mode?
Alternately, can anybody point me to where the info is
stored, and/or why I lose it when saving to CD. This wasn’t an issue when I had a 64Meg card as it isn’t hard to keep track of order with only 25-30 pictures, but my new 512 MB card is definately going top give me headaches.

Thanks – Mike.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

GP
Geoffrey Pocock
Jan 5, 2005
Hello

Try a freeware program called exifer which will redate images from the EXIF data.

http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

Yours

Geoffrey Pocock

Remove NOSPAM to reply

"Mike" wrote in message

Can anybody help me with the following. When I download
digital photographs (Sony V1) to file they come with those wonderful names such as DSC1234567.jpg. I usually do a
little editing – sharpening, cropping, rotating etc using Photoshop 7 and also rename the photos to something more appropriately descriptive – Crazed Chicked.jpg or whatever. When I have completed this process, Photoshop seems unable to sort the pictures within a directory into the order
taken, i.e. it is limited to Filename ordering, last edit ordering etc. However, the info is still there, as
Microsoft’s File Explorer can still display the pictures in ‘Order Taken’, and displays the date and time the photo was taken in a pop-up if I hover the mouse over the thumbnail image. If, however, I copy the directory to a CD it seems to lose the info. To make this a Photoshop enquiry, :), can Photoshop CS oredr pictures in ‘time taken’ mode?
stored, and/or why I lose it when saving to CD. This wasn’t an issue when I had a 64Meg card as it isn’t hard to keep track of order with only 25-30 pictures, but my new 512 MB card is definately going top give me headaches.

Thanks – Mike.
J
jjs
Jan 5, 2005
"Mike" wrote in message

digital photographs (Sony V1) to file they come with those wonderful names such as DSC1234567.jpg. I usually do a
taken, i.e. it is limited to Filename ordering, last edit ordering etc.

Mike, PS version 8 (CS) has a browser (under File) that can show the pictures in order of date taken, or date modified, file type, color space and so forth.
J
JD
Jan 5, 2005
On 04-Jan-05 19:23, Mike wrote:

Can anybody help me with the following. When I download digital photographs (Sony V1) to file they come with those wonderful names such as DSC1234567.jpg. I usually do a

Thanks – Mike.

In PS7, with file browser open, click on Filename on the bottom of the browser window. Date Created. Does that sort them the way you want?

JD..
M
Mike
Jan 5, 2005
In article <lLXCd.69478$
news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, says…

Thanks – Mike.

In PS7, with file browser open, click on Filename on the bottom of the browser window. Date Created. Does that sort them the way you want?

Not when copied to a CD – as the date created for each photo seems to be set to the date I burned the CD, rather than the date I took the photograph. Could this be a ‘feature’ of Nero or my CD burner?
R
RSD99
Jan 5, 2005
If you are using Nero … there is an option in the CD Burning software ("Nero X Burning ROM") that controls how the date is set. I believe it is the fifth "screen" from the left … labeled "dates" … when you are setting up the session. Make sure that it is set to use the file’s original creation date, and you should be ok on that front.

"Mike" wrote in message
In article <lLXCd.69478$
news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, says…

Thanks – Mike.

Not when copied to a CD – as the date created for each photo seems to be set to the date I burned the CD, rather than the date I took the photograph. Could this be a ‘feature’ of Nero or my CD burner?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections