MP
Posted By
Michael_Pollack
Dec 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Let me preface this post by saying that I am new to using the Photoshop CS browser and to this forum. I have searched this forum and the knowledgebase without success for answers to my questions below.

I have noticed that when I add or change IPTC information, by typing in the Metadata display window or by modifying the a field in the File Info window (Alt+Ctrl+I), the browser no longer displays the file size in pixels. Instead, it reports "Unknown File Dimensions". It doesn’t seem to matter which specific IPTC field is modified. This is occurring with JPEG files and I am using Windows XP Home with SP1. Strangely, it does not seem to occur with TIFF files. Is this behavior a bug or am I doing something wrong?

A second bit of strange behavior concerns a lack of reciprocity in the handling of IPTC fields between Photoshop CS and another application. The other application I am using is called IMatch, an image management application. When I update an IPTC field in IMatch, I can see the information in the File Info window (Alt+Ctrl+I), but not in the Metadata display window. If I update another field in the File Info window, then I can see *both* fields in the Metadata display window. But, unfortunately, once I change anything in the PSCS browser, none of the the IPTC information is visible in IMatch. This situation is making it impossible to exploit IPTC fields if I want to continue using both applications (and I do). Or perhaps this operator error. At this point I sure hope so.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Michael Pollack

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections