Posted By
Geoff Bried
Jan 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Opinions please…..

What is considered to be the best video card for photo editing?

TIA

– Geoff

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bart
Jan 14, 2004
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:40:09 -0500, "Geoff Briedé" wrote:

Opinions please…..

TIA

– Geoff
There are lots of excellent cards available for photo editing. I’d tend to stay clear of ATI cards if you are using an LCD display, however–they seem to have stability problems that are quite annoying (3 cards tested). I’ve always had good success with Matrox cards, and they will support 2 or 3 monitor screens, depending on card type. Also be sure your card can be calibrated in response to monitor cal devices. BTW mine are all Matrox Millenium G450 Dual Head 32 MB–sounds expensive, but you can pick these up for $30-$40 on eBay.
H
Hecate
Jan 15, 2004
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:40:09 -0500, "Geoff Briedé" wrote:

Opinions please…..

TIA

– Geoff
MAtrox G550 Dual Head or Ati Radeon 9600

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
S
Stephan
Jan 15, 2004
"Geoff Bried
S
SupaDucta
Jan 15, 2004
I have a Radeon 9500 Pro and it is the last Radeon I am going to buy sometimes displays shadows besides letters, barely visible but ver annoying

SupaDuct
———————————————————— ———– Posted via http://www.forum4designers.co
———————————————————— ———– View this thread: http://www.forum4designers.com/message32623.htm
H
Hecate
Jan 16, 2004
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:30:40 -0600, SupaDucta
wrote:

I have a Radeon 9500 Pro and it is the last Radeon I am going to buy – sometimes displays shadows besides letters, barely visible but very annoying.
And you’re sure of course that the problem isn’t the monitor? 🙂

Got the up to date drivers? I’m using 2 computers – 1 with a Matrox G550 and one with a Radeon 9600 and I don’t have problems with either.

The best thing about PCs is also the main problem with PCs – there are an infinite number of variations of hardware and sometimes things just react.

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections