JF
Posted By
Jodi_Frye
Dec 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have done a graphic raster image that is 24 X 30 inches at 72 resolution. What is the best way to resize it to 300 resolution without losing too much detail? Resizing knocks the image down to approximately 5 X 7. Is bicubic really the best way to go ? The final product will be saved in TIFF format, CMYK. I really would appreciate your help on this. Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 24, 2003
Do you really want to resample it? You can uncheck resample and change only the resolution. That’ll change the printed size.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 24, 2003
Dave, I’m an idiot. Note to self; don’t post stupid questions when I haven’t had enough coffee. Don’t know what I was thinking about that ‘bicubic’ option……obviously without resampling the option is not available. I had no intention or resampling….duh. What was on my mind was that I had a large image that I spent alot of time creating and what will it look like at only 5 X 7 ? Anyways,….Thanks.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 24, 2003
heh! 🙂
RL
Robert_Levine
Dec 24, 2003
By resampling you don’t change a thing. You still have the same number pixels but they take up less room. At 300 dpi you should get excellent results on just about any printer including going to press with it.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 24, 2003
I thought resampling was adding or removing pixels, resizing was just changing the resolution.
RL
Robert_Levine
Dec 24, 2003
Major typo. Should have read "By NOT resampling…"

Such a little word with such a big meaning.

Sorry about that.

Bob
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 24, 2003
Thanks guys, Merry Christmas !
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 24, 2003
Merry Chrismas to you too Jodi.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections