N
Posted By
No
Dec 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have created a action which performs several steps but it stops when the dialog box opens to name the file. My question is, all the files are already named, is there a way that the action can just keep the same name and save me from having to name each one over again. I’m doing hundreds of images so it would save me tons of time.

Thanks in advance

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jjs
Dec 19, 2004
"No" wrote in message
I have created a action which performs several steps but it stops when the dialog box opens to name the file. My question is, all the files are already named, is there a way that the action can just keep the same name and save me from having to name each one over again. I’m doing hundreds of images so it would save me tons of time.

In the actions dialog box is an option to ‘save and close’. Is it on?
N
No
Dec 19, 2004
Not sure, I’m new to actions can you please tell me how to find out . "jjs" wrote in message
"No" wrote in message
I have created a action which performs several steps but it stops when
the
dialog box opens to name the file. My question is, all the files are already named, is there a way that the action can just keep the same
name
and save me from having to name each one over again. I’m doing hundreds
of
images so it would save me tons of time.

In the actions dialog box is an option to ‘save and close’. Is it on?
J
jjs
Dec 19, 2004
"No" wrote in message
Not sure, I’m new to actions can you please tell me how to find out .

🙂 It is right smack-dab in the middle of the dialog box. I suggest you make a copy of a number of files (windows – use control-drag) to a folder and test it using the folder option (near the top). When you do the final run, have the output go to a separate folder so you don’t destroy your originals. Best of luck. It’s _great_ when you get it nailed down. Just fire it off, sit back and relax.
N
No
Dec 19, 2004
OK, once again I think I know too little because your explaination doesn’t make sence to me,

where is the "dialog box " you are talking about ? Is it when I create the action? if so there is nothing on that dialog box that says anything about "save as"

I understand the part about coping files to another folder and testing before my final run but I’m lost when it comes to where the "save as" is on the action.

Maybe you can walk me thru a new action and I will create a new one.

Thanks for all your help

"jjs" wrote in message
"No" wrote in message
Not sure, I’m new to actions can you please tell me how to find out .

🙂 It is right smack-dab in the middle of the dialog box. I suggest you
make
a copy of a number of files (windows – use control-drag) to a folder and test it using the folder option (near the top). When you do the final run, have the output go to a separate folder so you don’t destroy your
originals.
Best of luck. It’s _great_ when you get it nailed down. Just fire it off, sit back and relax.

B
bhilton665
Dec 19, 2004
OK, once again I think I know too little because your explaination doesn’t make sence to me,

where is the "dialog box " you are talking about ? Is it when I create the action? if so there is nothing on that dialog box that says anything about "save as"

Open an action in the action palette and click the chevron so all the steps are shown … the left-most box tells the action to use or not use that step, the next box tells the action whether to pause or keep on going at a given step. Un-check that second box and I think that will fix your problem.

Even if you have it checked if you are doing a batch run on a folder with File
Automate > Batch you can tell the Batch run to ignore it, I think it’s the
‘override action "open" command’ check box …
J
jjs
Dec 19, 2004
"Bill Hilton" wrote in message

Open an action in the action palette and click the chevron so all the steps are
shown … the left-most box tells the action to use or not use that step, the
next box tells the action whether to pause or keep on going at a given step.
Un-check that second box and I think that will fix your problem.
Even if you have it checked if you are doing a batch run on a folder with File
Automate > Batch you can tell the Batch run to ignore it, I think it’s the
‘override action "open" command’ check box …

Indeed the OP wants File-Automate. Thanks for the nudge, Bill. I forget what we know. Silly me.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections