P
Posted By
psmoore
Dec 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need help. I’ve just got done reworking some images and when I click on save for web the pictures get instantly dark. They look good on my computer but when I load them to a webpage they look really dark. Is there a setting I can check? thanks.

Paul

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
psmoore
Dec 21, 2003
To add to this some more information:

I am using PS 7.0.1. I get all the images done (Levels, etc), and then click on either Save As or Save for Web and the pictures are dark. I rename the file and save it. I open the file in Windows XP and it looks really dark. I close and reopen PS and open the saved image and it looks fine. This is all new. It’s been fine up until today. Thanks any help.

The system is: P4, 2.4 ghz, 512 ram, Dell system.

Paul
PH
Photo_Help
Dec 21, 2003
Have you tried resetting your preferences?
P
psmoore
Dec 21, 2003
I just did that too. Still the same problem. Thanks.

Paul
DM
Don_McCahill
Dec 21, 2003
Sounds like your color management system. SFW does not use color management. Create your images in the sRGB space, and they won’t change in SFW.
P
psmoore
Dec 21, 2003
Don,

I checked this color management and they are in SRGB. The image will look good and then I’ll click "Save For Web" and the images darkens up.

I’m gonna try to re-install PS I think.

I’ve already trashed the pref file and that didn’t do anything.

Thanks.

Paul
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 21, 2003
rerun adobe gamma in the control panel.
P
psmoore
Dec 21, 2003
Dave,

I redid the Adobe Gamma and at first nothing different. Then I rebooted the computer restarted and it seemed to work. Thanks to all for the suggestions and help.

Paul
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 21, 2003
your welcome paul. i’ll add the reboot advice for when i offer that tip in the future. thanks, dave

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections