PP
Posted By
Philip Procter
Jan 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My wife and I have been discussing the purchase of a Wacom tablet. I tried one with Photoshop and loved it, but I still had to sell SWMBO.

She’s into canvas art, ie: painting with oils and pastels.

What good programs are out there for creating paintings? I tried Adobe Illustrator (of course) and it’s nowhere near right. She wants something that will allow her to paint as if she’s using brushes and oils.

If I find her something that she likes, I get my Intuos 9×12!

HELP ME, PLEASE!

Philip

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

S
Stephan
Jan 8, 2004
"Philip Procter" wrote in message
My wife and I have been discussing the purchase of a Wacom tablet. I tried one with Photoshop and loved it, but I still had to sell SWMBO.
What good programs are out there for creating paintings? I tried Adobe Illustrator (of course) and it’s nowhere near right. She wants something that will allow her to paint as if she’s using brushes and oils.

HELP ME, PLEASE!

A tablet cannot replace oil and canvas, forget it.
Buy a smaller tablet, they are as good and easier to work with. With the saved money buy your wife flowers and take her to a nice place for dinner.
You’ll win on all fronts

Stephan
SI
stupid_idiot
Jan 8, 2004
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel/Produc ts/Standard&scid=1047022128070

HELP ME, PLEASE!

Philip
N
nemlidaka
Jan 8, 2004
I agree – Corel Painter has received some excellent reviews. You can use Google to find them. Check especially at Creativepro.com and about.com

Maris

stupid_idiot wrote:
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel/Produc ts/Standard&scid=1047022128070

HELP ME, PLEASE!

Philip

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free by AVG Anti-Virus System Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.558 / Virus Database: 350 – Release Date: 1/2/2004
SL
Shannon Lloyd
Jan 8, 2004
Philip Procter wrote:

HELP ME, PLEASE!

Philip

pinnacle’s sketchbook looks pretty cool, but i’d have to concur with the previous poster about corel’s painter – it is very good, and sounds like exactly what you’re looking for.
WS
Warren Sarle
Jan 8, 2004

Photoshop 7 or CS would be better than Illustrator. But Photoshop 7 cannot do certain effects like wet-on-wet that Painter can.
SB
Sally Beacham
Jan 8, 2004
"Stephan" wrote in message

HELP ME, PLEASE!

A tablet cannot replace oil and canvas, forget it.
Buy a smaller tablet, they are as good and easier to work with. With the saved money buy your wife flowers and take her to a nice place
for
dinner.
You’ll win on all fronts

Stephan

You know, you’ve mellowed. I think romance must be abounding in Hawaii.

Well, I’m toddling off to St. Maarten today – I might find myself a new camera, who knows. The photographer aboard ship knows little that I don’t already (when it comes to digital) and seems to be only interested in selling the really over-priced none-too-impressive models they have here, so maybe I can find something more interesting ashore.

Sally
M
MrsBeebleBrock
Jan 9, 2004
and:

http://www.ambientdesign.com/artrage.html

Philip Procter wrote:

HELP ME, PLEASE!

Philip
H
Hecate
Jan 9, 2004
On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 04:36:29 GMT, Philip Procter
wrote:

HELP ME, PLEASE!
I like an easy question. There is only one and it’s perfect (apart from being a little buggy but then Corel products usually are):

Buy her a copy of Painter 8. If she can’t create good looking art in that, then nothing will do it 🙂

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui
TG
tablet_guy
Jan 12, 2004
Philip Procter …

HELP ME, PLEASE!

Philip

Philip,

The Intuos2 9×12 comes bundled with Painter Classic by Procreate (now Corel). It has all kinds of brushes to get your wife started. (The ‘flat oil cloner’ is especially cool.) Also as an Intuos2 owner you can upgrade to the full Corel Painter8 version at a special price. See:

http://www.wacom.com/intuosprivileges/index.cfm

Have fun with your 9×12.

-TG

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections