K
Posted By
karenrobie
Dec 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Since upgrading to PS7, I’ve had trouble using images from the Internet. I downloaded a jpeg of Sigmund Freud after doing a search on the Google image search engine, downloaded a jpeg of a classic car from someone’s personal homepage — the kinds of things I’ve done for a long time (for personal use only, just to practice techniques with, I promise) but they won’t open in Photoshop. I get a message that it doesn’t recognize the file type. If I download the image as a bmp, I get the same message.

I can drop the images into Word just fine, and print them out, but can’t use them in Photoshop.

I don’t have an image converter program. I’ve used Photoshop for that in the past. Maybe I’ll need to get a converter just to get an image into Photoshop now, eh?

Any ideas of what I may be missing here, or some setting I haven’t paid attention to properly?

Huge thanks for any assistance.

Karen

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections