B
Posted By
Bobby77501
Dec 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to write a paragraph in Photoshop which is both left and right justified (just as if it were done in Microsoft Word). Photoshop doesn’t seem to support right justification nor equal line spacing as in a regular paragraph). I tried doing this in Word – then scanning (importing) the paragraph into Photoshop CS. However, the letters (a True Type script font) seem "bloated" so that they are hard to read even when printed out on photo paper (for instance, in letter "w", the lines run in to each other). I tried the sharpening tools and the unsharp mask – none of which worked.

Again, what I’m trying to achieve is a paragraph which is both left and right justified – with clear, sharp text. The result will go into a picture frame. Can anyone help? Thanks………

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
John McWilliams
Dec 10, 2004
+++Bobby "O"+++ wrote:

I would like to write a paragraph in Photoshop which is both left and right justified (just as if it were done in Microsoft Word). Photoshop doesn’t seem to support right justification nor equal line spacing as in a regular paragraph). I tried doing this in Word – then scanning (importing) the paragraph into Photoshop CS. However, the letters (a True Type script font) seem "bloated" so that they are hard to read even when printed out on photo paper (for instance, in letter "w", the lines run in to each other). I tried the sharpening tools and the unsharp mask – none of which worked.
Again, what I’m trying to achieve is a paragraph which is both left and right justified – with clear, sharp text. The result will go into a picture frame. Can anyone help? Thanks………
Select the Type tool, create a box of the correct size before typing, and have at it.

Quick, before you get told that PS isn’t the right tool. Never, however, NEVER, import anything from MS into PS……

John McWilliams
J
jjs
Dec 10, 2004
"+++Bobby "O"+++" wrote in message
I would like to write a paragraph in Photoshop which is both left and right justified (just as if it were done in Microsoft Word). Photoshop doesn’t seem to support right justification nor equal line spacing as in a regular paragraph). […]

Select the Text tool. Click then drag and a ‘box’ will appear. Type in that box. Not inutitive, but an exceedingly useful feature which I’m sure you will enjoy now that you see it.
V
V1nc3nt
Dec 10, 2004
John McWilliams wrote:
+++Bobby "O"+++ wrote:

Select the Type tool, create a box of the correct size before typing, and have at it.

Quick, before you get told that PS isn’t the right tool. Never, however, NEVER, import anything from MS into PS……

Not even copypaste text from MS Word? Why is that?
B
Bobby77501
Dec 10, 2004
Will this right justify the text?

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
+++Bobby "O"+++ wrote:

John McWilliams
B
Bobby77501
Dec 10, 2004

"jjs" wrote in message
I would like to write a paragraph in Photoshop which is both left and right justified (just as if it were done in Microsoft Word). Photoshop doesn’t seem to support right justification nor equal line spacing as in a regular paragraph). […]

Select the Text tool. Click then drag and a ‘box’ will appear. Type in that box. Not inutitive, but an exceedingly useful feature which I’m sure you will enjoy now that you see it.

R
RSD99
Dec 10, 2004
No

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
+++Bobby "O"+++ wrote:

I would like to write a paragraph in Photoshop which is both left and right justified (just as if it were done in Microsoft Word).
Photoshop
doesn’t seem to support right justification nor equal line spacing as
in
a regular paragraph). I tried doing this in Word – then scanning (importing) the paragraph into Photoshop CS. However, the letters (a True Type script font) seem "bloated" so that they are hard to read
even
when printed out on photo paper (for instance, in letter "w", the
lines
run in to each other). I tried the sharpening tools and the unsharp mask – none of which worked.

Again, what I’m trying to achieve is a paragraph which is both left
and
right justified – with clear, sharp text. The result will go into a picture frame. Can anyone help? Thanks………
Select the Type tool, create a box of the correct size before typing,
and
have at it.

Quick, before you get told that PS isn’t the right tool. Never,
however,
NEVER, import anything from MS into PS……

John McWilliams

R
RSD99
Dec 10, 2004
No.

"jjs" wrote in message
I would like to write a paragraph in Photoshop which is both left and right justified (just as if it were done in Microsoft Word). Photoshop doesn’t seem to support right justification nor equal line spacing as
in
a regular paragraph). […]

Select the Text tool. Click then drag and a ‘box’ will appear. Type in that box. Not inutitive, but an exceedingly useful feature which I’m
sure
you will enjoy now that you see it.

L
lkrz
Dec 10, 2004

Not automatically and not from the text bar on the top.
Select the text. Then click on "Palettes" in the type bar across the top. On the Paragraph Palette click on the box that shows the type justified left and right.
You can cut and paste text from Word into a text box in Photoshop. Make a text box (click on the T then click and draw a box on the file) and then paste the text into the text box.

http://www.madmousergraphics.com
web design, print design, photography
J
jjs
Dec 10, 2004
"V1nc3nt" wrote in message

Not even copypaste text from MS Word? Why is that?

Cause Word fonts have cooties.
J
jjs
Dec 11, 2004

Enough already. Hit the HELP menu.
B
bhilton665
Dec 11, 2004

Enough already. Hit the HELP menu.

LOL … even better, draw a box and type some text and SEE what it does (or doesn’t do) …
B
biniael
Dec 11, 2004
Try this one
Double click the text layer that you want to apply the desired formatting. From window menu choose show paragraph, here you will find the desired formatting like that of MS word. You can do this one on Adobe Photoshop 6.0, 7.0 but I am not sure you will find this in earlier versions.

Cheers
Biniam
T
tacitr
Dec 11, 2004
Again, what I’m trying to achieve is a paragraph which is both left and right justified – with clear, sharp text. The result will go into a picture frame. Can anyone help?

Why are you doing this in Photoshop? Why aren’t you doing it in Word or a page layout tool? What’s your goal?

Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections