A
Posted By
anon
Dec 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone else unable to access this site ? I’ve downloaded before, but just cannot download anything now. I can see the various files ( actions / shapes / brushes etc ) but then cannot load any individual page or download file. Does the site require any settings ? like active x etc. I’ve got everything installed and open as it is though, no popups, active x installed etc. Is it an XP sp2 problem ?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

N
noone
Dec 8, 2004
In article <wRGtd.478$ says…
Anyone else unable to access this site ? I’ve downloaded before, but just cannot download anything now. I can see the various files ( actions / shapes / brushes etc ) but then cannot load any individual page or download file. Does the site require any settings ? like active x etc. I’ve got everything installed and open as it is though, no popups, active x installed etc. Is it an XP sp2 problem ?

Don’t know about SP2, as I refuse to allow it on my XP system, BUT over the last few months, I’ve encountered very, very slow response from their server. Even a T-1 takes 3-5 minutes to load a page often-times. Other times, however, it runs at a normal speed. When it slows to a crawl, I usually do a Refresh, maybe a few times, and it seems to clear up. That said, even without log-in I’ve always been able to d-l. Batch d-l has always required that I log-in.

Doubt that it helps, but these are my observations.

Hunt
H
Hecate
Dec 9, 2004
On 8 Dec 2004 20:53:56 GMT, (Hunt) wrote:

In article <wRGtd.478$ says…

Don’t know about SP2, as I refuse to allow it on my XP system,

Installed it on two computers so far with no problems whatever 🙂

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
A
anon
Dec 9, 2004
Thanks, sounds like its the site rather than me then ! I;ll keep trying, although have been refreshing a few times, to no avail. Wouldn’t happen with the main Adobe site though, as their professional image would be tarnished.
N
noone
Dec 9, 2004
In article ,
says…

In article <wRGtd.478$ says
….
Anyone else unable to access this site ? I’ve downloaded before, but just cannot download anything now. I can see the various files ( actions /
shapes
/ brushes etc ) but then cannot load any individual page or download file. Does the site require any settings ? like active x etc. I’ve got everything installed and open as it is though, no popups, active x installed etc. Is
it
an XP sp2 problem ?

Hecate – The Real One

Your case seems a bit the exception right now, but I’m sure that the success of SP-2 is based on the software that one has installed, and the versions of that software. When I first heard "horror" stories, I checked the problem software list, and found that many of my applications were on it. Only a few of these had an SP-2 friendly version at, or near, release. I’m also faced with some legacy stuff that will probably never be upgraded to SP-2 specs. At some point, I’ll obviously be forced into it – like buying a new box with OEM XPxxxx on it. Then I have to face the reality of changing, or abandoning my legacy software. Heck, I still use enough of the Fractal Design/MetaCreations 3-D painting programs, that I had a box built for ME w/ only 512MB RAM. I keep monitoring my usage, as that box is capable of so very much more, but as long as I use the apps, I’ll keep it with its archaic setup.

Thanks for the positive notes on SP-2, however.

Hunt
H
Hecate
Dec 10, 2004
On 9 Dec 2004 22:00:08 GMT, (Hunt) wrote:

Your case seems a bit the exception right now, but I’m sure that the success of SP-2 is based on the software that one has installed, and the versions of that software. When I first heard "horror" stories, I checked the problem software list, and found that many of my applications were on it. Only a few of these had an SP-2 friendly version at, or near, release. I’m also faced with some legacy stuff that will probably never be upgraded to SP-2 specs. At some point, I’ll obviously be forced into it – like buying a new box with OEM XPxxxx on it. Then I have to face the reality of changing, or abandoning my legacy software. Heck, I still use enough of the Fractal Design/MetaCreations 3-D painting programs, that I had a box built for ME w/ only 512MB RAM. I keep monitoring my usage, as that box is capable of so very much more, but as long as I use the apps, I’ll keep it with its archaic setup.

No problem. One of the computers is loaded with software, some quite esoteric, the other is a standard set up. The survey of users in the PC mag I subscribe to found the following (over 5000 respondents, mainly professionals i.e professional users or professional IT):

Over 75% has no problems at all
71% of people that had problems solved them easily by changing the security settings
Over 80% said they’;d recommend the upgrade
45% of people that had problems found the answer fairly easily on the MS web site

😉

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
B
bagal
Dec 11, 2004
Hunt wrote:
In article ,
says…

In article <wRGtd.478$ says

Anyone else unable to access this site ? I’ve downloaded before, but just cannot download anything now. I can see the various files ( actions /

shapes

/ brushes etc ) but then cannot load any individual page or download file. Does the site require any settings ? like active x etc. I’ve got everything installed and open as it is though, no popups, active x installed etc. Is

it

an XP sp2 problem ?

Hecate – The Real One

Hunt
If it is any consolation I have been playing with linux and may even dabble in some solaris (it is on freebie status at the mo’) and conclusion?

Windows XP is great!

Aerticeus
B
bagal
Dec 11, 2004
anon wrote:
Thanks, sounds like its the site rather than me then ! I;ll keep trying, although have been refreshing a few times, to no avail. Wouldn’t happen with the main Adobe site though, as their professional image would be tarnished.
Dunno what on earth you are on about

It works for me every time

You don’t have a pirated serial number by anychance?

Aerticeus

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections