DW
Posted By
David_Watts
Dec 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I am opening multiple photoshop files I like to work in other applications while I am waiting. My previous vesion of Photoshop would open the files in the background, and allow me to work in another application but my current version (7) takes the focus when each new file is opened (leaving me typing into nothing). This lets me work for 10 sec. before the next file opens, disrupts what I am working on, and leaves me searching for my application under all of the Photoshop windows. Where do I change this setting? Another computer in the office running Windows 2000 and Photoshop 7 does not do this.

Thank you,
David

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SB
Scott_Byer
Dec 18, 2003
There is no setting, but you can try this:

Get PowerToys for XP and install the TweakUI portion. In TweakUI, check out the General / Focus panel – set the "Prevent applications from stealing focus" checkbox.

I use this a lot, and I think you’ll find it does a nice job of preventing you from typing into the ether.

-Scott

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections