LC
Posted By
Lee_Clayton
Dec 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a picture of a bride with her reflection in a mirror on the wall. I want to replace her reflection in the mirror with a picture of the groom looking back at her. There is a lot of junk on the wall behind the bride that is also reflecting into the mirror. Is there a way to effectively RESURFACE the mirror and elimiate every reflection (including the bride) before inserting the groom in the mirror?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GH
Gary_Hummell
Dec 15, 2003
If you could post the image to a web site and link it here, you will get more constructive suggestions. Another good resource for retouching is:
<http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1006>

Gary
DM
Don_McCahill
Dec 15, 2003
I think what you want to do is to select all the objects in the mirror and then blur them, so they are out of focus. Only have the pix of your bride and groom in sharp focus.
PH
Photo_Help
Dec 15, 2003
Lee,

This is a prime example of a picture where a little pre production work could have saved you a lot of post production work. Simply taking identical shots of each with a tripod and merging them into one picture would have been the way to go.

Where are you getting the picture of the groom?

Is the perspective going to match?

Is there a way to effectively RESURFACE the mirror and elimiate every reflection (including the bride) before inserting the groom in the mirror?

Yes. That is the easy part. Matching the perspective is the most important thing. Also consider the surroundings, you don’t want the new mirror background to look out of place. Don’s suggestion may be your best bet.

As Gary said posting examples will help you to get more descriptive answers.
LC
Lee_Clayton
Dec 15, 2003
I agree that it would have been easy had I posed both people in front of the mirror but this was a very late thought after I saw the bride in front of the mirror. I may have to think ahead on this a little more the next time I get a mirror shot.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections