K
Posted By
Karen0302
Dec 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone encountered this. All of a sudden, my PS 5.5 will not open a group of files when more than one file is selected. It will open them seperately, but not when multiple files are selected. And what is wierder is that it appears to only this one group of files.

When it fails to open the files, it responds with an error message saying the file could not be found.

Anyone have any ideas?

Karen

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DR
Danny_Raphael
Dec 13, 2003
Are you opening the file itself or opening shortcut that "points to" a file? If the latter and the "real" file got moved or deleted, that could explain the file not found message.

Just a stab in the dark here.

~Danny~
K
Karen0302
Dec 13, 2003
No Danny, it is the real, honest-to-JPG file. As I said in my original post, the files open file when opened one at a time. It is only when multiple files are selected from the open dialog that it fails. I’ve even moved the files to a different drive with the same results.

Karen
PH
Photo_Help
Dec 13, 2003
Karen,

Can you still drag and drop multiple files into Photoshop? I don’t remember the last time I actually Used File -> Open.
DR
Danny_Raphael
Dec 14, 2003
Hmmm. Very curious.

If the files are damaged internally somehow, opening and doing a Save As… (something else) probably wouldn’t help – but maybe worth a shot since it would be easy.

I wonder if creating a new document (same size/PPI as original) and dragging the layers from the "broken" image into the new image until it’s essentially rebuilt, then save the new image would work.

There’s probably a good reason this is happening. We just can’t see it.

~Danny~

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections