Posted By
Xeon
Dec 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi! Visit : <http://www.sheencal.com/Curvy%20button.gif>

I think that we should use channels for this, but how do we get this kinda exact shape shown in the link above?

Or are there any fast ways, like using shapes found in those Shapes downloads etc.?

Thanks! 🙂
Xeon.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Dec 12, 2003
what vesion of PS are you using?

you could download a shape, you could make one.

What would you be using channels for?
JM
John_Mensinger
Dec 12, 2003
Xeon,

In Photoshop, you’d make a shape like that using the Pen tool to draw the shape in vector paths, then stroke/fill the path, use it to make a selection, etc.

Personally, I prefer to construct shapes like that in Illustrator, where the path tools are a bit more comprehensive.
X
Xeon
Dec 13, 2003
From Thee Dark Overlord:
what vesion of PS are you using?

I’m using PS 6.0. 🙂

you could download a shape, you could make one. What would you be using channels for?

Well, to make a irregular shape like the one shown, channels are the best, cos’ u can make shapes in channels easier. 🙂

From John:
In Photoshop, you’d make a shape like that using the Pen tool to draw the shape in vector paths, then stroke/fill the path, use it to make a selection, etc. Personally, I prefer to construct shapes like that in Illustrator, where the path tools are a bit more comprehensive.

Yeah well, I’ve tried the pen tools before, but for some reason, the resulting shape is so twisted and crooked that I had rather use Windows Paint to draw the same exact crap.

I mean, only people with good, stable hands and art skills in computer drawing can achieve those equally curvy and professional shapes.

For me, I think it’s better to download shapes instead.

Thanks folks! 🙂
Xeon.
GT
Gene Trujillo
Dec 13, 2003
I would do this shape in Illustrator too, it would be very easy to do with Illy’s Twist Tool.

You’d need to make a rounded rectangle with a corner radius big enough to make an oval. Convert the top left and bottom right anchors to angles instead of curves, then pull them out so they make right angles.

Now you have a rectangle with two round corners and two sharp corners. Using the Twist Tool, drag down a quarter inch or so and — voila! — you have your basic shape.

You could maybe try doing it in PS using Liquify, but I think it would be really hard. Doh! PS6 doesn’t have liquify, does it? I don’t have the foggiest how you would do it without. But the rest can be done in photoshop very easily.

Copy/Paste the shape out of Illy and into PS as a shape layer, and add layer styles: a big, ugly black Stroke, a Pattern Overlay with your marble pattern, and a Bevel and Emboss.

HTH,

Gene
X
Xeon
Dec 14, 2003
From Gene:
Doh! PS6 doesn’t have liquify, does it? I don’t have the foggiest how you would do it without. But the rest can be done in photoshop very easily.

Thanks Gene! 🙂

But no….PS 6.0 has Liquify. :p :p :p 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections