PB
Posted By
Per_Berntsen
Dec 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a Matrox Millenium G550 card, and want to use a second monitor. My main monitor is a 21" Sony, the second is a 17" Dell. I am running Windows 2000 SP3.
When I connect the Dell monitor and start my computer, the Dell does not show up in Display Properties. I can, however, click Advanced, and choose DualHead. (I think this is Matrox Power Desk) That makes the second monitor wake up, but I since I am using 1600 x 1200 for my 21", I have to set the resolution to 3200 x 1200. Running a cheap 17" at 1600 x 1200 of course makes it useless, it’s impossible to read anything. And I don’t want to go below 1600 x 1200 on the 21".

In Windows Help it says that you can run two monitors at different resolutions, which is what I want to do. 1024 x 768 would probably be OK for the 17". But Windows doesn’t seem to be aware of the new monitor – there is only one monitor icon in Display properties.

Does somebody know what to do? I could always use an old PCI card for the 17", but it’s alot more covenient to use the dual head.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
larry
Dec 11, 2003
There is a setting in the Matrox software that lets you set them up as separate monitors, separate resolutions, etc. That’s how I run mine.

I run my main monitor at 1280×1024 and my second monitor at 1024×768. Both 21 inch monitors….

Larry Berman
PB
Per_Berntsen
Dec 11, 2003
Could you tell me exactly where in the Matrox software that setting is?
ND
Nick_Decker
Dec 11, 2003
Per, when I started to run 2 monitors I had to reinstall my Matrox drivers. (Make sure you have the latest ones.) During installation, you should be given the option of running dual-head or not. If you didn’t select dual-head when you installed the drivers before, you won’t be getting all of the features that are possible (including running different resolutions).

Nick
PB
Per_Berntsen
Dec 12, 2003
Nick,

I downloaded the latest version of Power Desk, and now it’s working. Thank you.

Per
ND
Nick_Decker
Dec 12, 2003
Per,

Glad to help. It was a tip passed along to me by Andrew P. (Sorry, Andrew, but I’m not even gonna take a stab at spelling your last name. <g>)

Nick
EB
eddie_booth
Jan 30, 2004
I have Photoshop 4.0.1 on XP with 2 monitors (matrox550 card, 1g ram, 2.6 p4)

My question is I can move the photoshop window and working picture onto screen 2 but none of the pallets. (Painter 5.5 has similar prob) The only advice I can get is that if its a MS DOS prog then it cannot utilise the two screens.

Because PS4 is a Win 95 program and the fact half of it does display over two screens I’m trying to confirm that this is a problem only corrected by an upgrade to XP compatable software?

please tell me there is a patch or something!
Cheers, Ed.
JS
John_Slate
Jan 30, 2004
Hey Eddie:

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections