CC
Posted By
Christopher_Capper
Dec 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an old version of PS that has been working just fine on a pentium III 90 under WIN 98. I got a new PC running WIN XP PRO and installed muPS on that system. The install seemed to go fine but when i attempt to launch PS I get an error message which says there is not enough memory to launch PS. This PC has 1 gig of RAM with over 800 megs available. I have tried using WIN98 compatible mode nad this doesn’t help.

Anyone have any knowledge of this type of problem?

I don’t really want to buy a new version of PS since this one fit my needs.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RL
Robert_Levine
Dec 10, 2003
Forget it. And if PS 3.0 fits your needs you don’t need the new version, you can buy a copy of Photoshop Elements that will still far surpas the capabilities of PS 3.0.

Bob
DS
Dave_Spoula
Dec 10, 2003
Chris,
Try pulling out 512 meg of ram. It worked for me with the same PS version on XP Pro SP1. Hope this helps,
Dave
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 10, 2003
dave and chris, as bob says for the 50 bux it costs for elements (amazon.com), i’d rather have the 512 meg of ram. and more power with elements than PS 3 has.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections