M
Posted By
mdutton
Dec 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m very disappointed in the performance of Photoshop CS. I wish I could get my money back for this piece of junk. Photoshop 7 runs perfectly on my machine, but CS is junk. I’m running a P4 3GHZ with 1GB of RAM, and a 256MB NVidia Graphics Card, and CS still won’t run efficiently. This program is totally worthless. I can’t be productive with junk software like this. I can’t believe Adobe would even release something this bad.

One of the main reasons I bought the upgrade was for the new text on a path feature. Every time a try and rotate the text around to where I want it, there’s a 15-20 second delay. I’m seems like I’m always sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for this program to respond.

I’ve also noticed that each time I hit Save there’s about a five second delay before the file will actually start saving. This happens even on 72dpi images that are no more than 300kb in size. What the hell is going on? This is a major flaw!

I’ve also noticed a lot of people are blaming the slow performance on too many fonts activated in Suitcase. Well, I’m running the same amount of activated fonts as I did with Photoshop 7, and I never had one problem with performance. Just to test, I deactivated all my Suitcase fonts, but the slow problems still persist in CS, even after a reboot.

I’ve also played around with the memory/cache settings in the CS preferences, but none of these things have solved the problem either. It seems like the more I use this software, the more problems pop up.

The bottom line is that this version of Photoshop is not ready for prime time. It should never have been released until the bugs were worked out. After reading all these posts, at least I know that I’m not alone in having problems with this software. It’s just downright unusable. I’ve decided to put CS on a spare machine in case I need to process a 16 bit image, and just continue to run PS7 as my main application. I hope Adobe will issue a patch for these problems (and a public apology), but for now I guess we are just screwed.

As a side note, I purchased an additional copy of Photoshop CS for my second office. Since I haven’t opened that box yet (thank God!), I’m going to send it back for a refund. If Adobe fixes these problems I might consider buying another copy at a later time, but for now I’m sticking with version 7.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
Sweet-P
Dec 10, 2003
I agree wholeheartedly with you….it is extremely slow for me too. I posted about three messages stating that my PS CS takes 7 minutes to load every time and never got one response from Adobe rep.
It also gets extremely slow as time goes by and I am working on a project. Sometimes it gets to a crawl and I have to restart my computer. I have 1 GB of memory and dual processors!!

PS 7 was a charm to use and quick. I never had a problem with it. I sure wish they kept it the same way (only with text on a path and the layer comps). Maybe if they get enough complaints they will fix it.

Sympathizing with you…

Sweet-P

wrote in message
I’m very disappointed in the performance of Photoshop CS. I wish I could get my money back for this piece of junk. Photoshop 7 runs perfectly on my machine, but CS is junk. I’m running a P4 3GHZ with 1GB of RAM, and a 256MB NVidia Graphics Card, and CS still won’t run efficiently. This program is totally worthless. I can’t be productive with junk software like this. I can’t believe Adobe would even release something this bad.

One of the main reasons I bought the upgrade was for the new text on a path feature. Every time a try and rotate the text around to where I want it, there’s a 15-20 second delay. I’m seems like I’m always sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for this program to respond.
I’ve also noticed that each time I hit Save there’s about a five second delay before the file will actually start saving. This happens even on 72dpi images that are no more than 300kb in size. What the hell is going on? This is a major flaw!

I’ve also noticed a lot of people are blaming the slow performance on too many fonts activated in Suitcase. Well, I’m running the same amount of activated fonts as I did with Photoshop 7, and I never had one problem with performance. Just to test, I deactivated all my Suitcase fonts, but the slow problems still persist in CS, even after a reboot.

I’ve also played around with the memory/cache settings in the CS preferences, but none of these things have solved the problem either. It seems like the more I use this software, the more problems pop up.
The bottom line is that this version of Photoshop is not ready for prime time. It should never have been released until the bugs were worked out. After reading all these posts, at least I know that I’m not alone in having problems with this software. It’s just downright unusable. I’ve decided to put CS on a spare machine in case I need to process a 16 bit image, and just continue to run PS7 as my main application. I hope Adobe will issue a patch for these problems (and a public apology), but for now I guess we are just screwed.
As a side note, I purchased an additional copy of Photoshop CS for my second office. Since I haven’t opened that box yet (thank God!), I’m going to send it back for a refund. If Adobe fixes these problems I might consider buying another copy at a later time, but for now I’m sticking with version 7.
A
AJNECP
Dec 17, 2003
The problem you are having with Photoshop CS is simple. You are running Windows and a P4. I got the CS and find it the best Photoshop YET – oh, should I mention that I am running a G5 Twin 2Ghz with 3.5 Ghz Memory that’s a MAC that is.
AJ
A
AJNECP
Dec 17, 2003
) wrote in message news:…
I’m very disappointed in the performance of Photoshop CS. I wish I could get my money back for this piece of junk.

Hey if you don’t like it and want to get rid of it….how much do you want for "the piece of junk?"

A
AM
Jan 13, 2004
What in the world are you doing in the Windows forum.
"AJW" wrote in message
The problem you are having with Photoshop CS is simple. You are running Windows and a P4. I got the CS and find it the best Photoshop YET – oh, should I mention that I am running a G5 Twin 2Ghz with 3.5 Ghz Memory that’s a MAC that is.
AJ

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections