MD
Posted By
Martyn_Drake
Dec 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve agreed to purchase a copy of Photoshop 6 from Ebay and have received an email from the seller which contains the following text which leads me to suspect that this may not be a legitimate copy after all:

"This Photoshop 6.0 from my auction is a special version including the software for both platforms, MAC and Windows, but only a licence for Windows is included. The software comes on two original CD-ROMs from Adobe in a factory sealed jewel-case. This software is full version for commercial usage with all features of the retail version (not an upgrade or academic version). The manual (more than 400 pages) and the other documents are on the CD-ROM as PDF-files. Therefore no printed handbook is produced for this software. Of course upgrading to Photoshop 7 is possible."

I can’t ever remember seeing Photoshop 6 without manuals.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

O
Ol__Whozit
Dec 9, 2003
Gee, you know, you are the FIRST PERSON EVER to have that question!!!

If you ever visit Forums, you should really TRY to learn to SEARCH for the answer before thinking you are unique in your situation…

THAT’S what SEARCH BUTTONS ARE FOR!!!

Chris Cox "OEM? Illustator – Legal? Can I Upgrade?" 12/8/03 8:49pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/8>

Just the word "legal" would have answered you.

Lazy gits, the world keeps producing more and more.
MD
Martyn_Drake
Dec 9, 2003
Sorry for spoiling your day, Ol’Whozit. Yes, I should have learned to use the search facilities before posting. I made a mistake – something that I’m sure you NEVER do.

But thanks for the pointer, nonetheless.
G
graffiti
Dec 9, 2003
Don’t worry about Whozit Martyn. She’s just our resident ray of sunshine. 🙂
PP
Peace_Pipe
Dec 9, 2003
Martyn Ignore Whozit, that one is a no brainer. at least you got an answer, but there was need for the usual drivel that comes from her postst.

Ongaurd
JM
John_Mensinger
Dec 9, 2003
Yikes!
AS
A_Stevens
Dec 9, 2003
I can’t ever remember seeing Photoshop 6 without manuals.

Actually it is just possible that this could be legal software. If my memory serves me right, two or three years ago in the UK, Kodak were selling a digital camera that came bundled with a full version of PS6. I very much doubt if a paper manual would have been included.
MD
Martyn_Drake
Dec 9, 2003
It is. I’ve now found out that it’s in fact a bundled/OEM copy of the software which, according to the seller, is okay to sale without hardware to private individuals or businesses in Germany as long as the seller has no contract with the original manufacturer. If that makes any sense, I don’t know. But at least I know what I’m buying now and I’m happy to go through with the transaction.

Thanks,

Martyn
RL
Robert_Levine
Dec 9, 2003
…according to the seller

I’d rather go by…according to Adobe.

Bob
MD
Martyn_Drake
Dec 9, 2003
I’ve tried blooming calling Adobe about this, but they couldn’t tell me bugger all about it. I have to rely on the BSA now, and they’ve been more help to me than Adobe so far have.

Regards,

Martyn
MD
Martyn_Drake
Dec 9, 2003
This, I think, is what the seller was referring to with regards to the copyright owner not having influence of distribution:

< http://www.freshfields.com/practice/ipit/publications/newsle tters/ip-update/Autumn.pdf>

I’m still looking into it, but this may be what he’s basing his argument on.
S
SimRacer
Dec 9, 2003
wrote in message
Gee, you know, you are the FIRST PERSON EVER to have that question!!!
If you ever visit Forums, you should really TRY to learn to SEARCH for the
answer before thinking you are unique in your situation…
THAT’S what SEARCH BUTTONS ARE FOR!!!

Chris Cox "OEM? Illustator – Legal? Can I Upgrade?" 12/8/03 8:49pm
</cgi-bin/webx?13/8>
Just the word "legal" would have answered you.

Fair enough, but not all of us at *at* the Adobe forums, with dedicated search buttons. We read from USENET and who in the heck wants to spend all day in front of a Google search output screen…
SG
shecky_greene
Dec 9, 2003

Rude, unpleasant folks such as you – hopefully the world will produce less and less.
M
mm1
Dec 12, 2003
Ol’ whozit said:

Lazy gits, the world keeps producing more and more. ——

Shecky, I was just on my way to the end of the thread to post the same thing you just said:

"Rude, unpleasant folks such as you (Ol’ whozit) – hopefully the world will produce less and less."

Worthless, time-wasting, useless posts like what whozit made annoy me FAR MORE than running across "duplicate" posts. As far as Ebay goes, sellers change tactics and descriptions, different sellers come and go, different variables exist all over the place. Maybe he DID do a Search and didn’t find the exact answer per his specific situation.

What’s next, whozit, grammer errers?
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 12, 2003
grammer errers?

no. spelling check! <BZZZT!> 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections