CR
Posted By
Charlie_Rieger
Dec 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve got about 30Gb worth of files that I need to resize to 25%, maintaining the current pixel dimension (dpi would increase 400%). I thought this would be a simple action, but when I creat the action, specifying 25%, unchecking resample, the current file behaves properly, but the action is set to "width=100%." Running the action on subsequent files has no effect to the inch dimension.

I’ve tried this on PC (2000, XP) and Mac(OS9, OSX) under PS 6 and 7 with the same results…

Am I missing something simple here, or is this a long term bug in recording the action?

Thanks,
Charlie

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SF
Scott_Falkner
Dec 5, 2003
I have creaed such actions and they work fine.

* Create a new action (recording starts up automatically), * Image->Image Size, then resample OFF and Constrain ON, scale 25%, * Stop action recording.

Now it should work in batch mode.
CR
Charlie_Rieger
Dec 6, 2003
When I attempt this, the action records a width of 100%, rather than 25%… would you be willing to save thae one you have recorded and email it to me at ? This would save me hours of work.

Thanks!
Charlie
DR
Danny_Raphael
Dec 7, 2003
I’m having the same problem as Charlie…

Although I can get the desired results manually (Image Size, contrain proportions=on, resample=off, width=25%), the command recorded in an action is with the same settings is Width: 100%, rather than something like Width: 25%. When the action is played, there is no change on the target image.

What am I missing (too)?

TIA

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections