P
Posted By
polinator
Dec 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a Princeton Synergy 981LCD Monitor (top of the LCD line) I was wondering if Adobe has an RGB "Working Space" for this monitor that I can load in PShop 7.0 (XP OS). My Blues and purples
are ass-backwards… in otherwords, when our projects come off the expensive off-set printing press, instead of the blue I see on my new monitor, I get purples.

(this is giving me the blues…Princeton support is giving me no help at all. They totally blow me off when I call.)

I know, I know, I can’t get accurate colors from a monitor that uses an entirely different gamut, and all that, but jeez, not even in the same ballpark? C’mon….

Any suggestions? help!

Politica.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

L
LenHewitt
Dec 5, 2003
I was wondering if Adobe has an RGB "Working Space" for this monitor <<

Working space and the monitor have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with each other – I think you must have meant a monitor profile. However, monitor profiles should be specific to your particular monitor – not something generic.

The answer is to get your monitor properly profiled.
P
polinator
Dec 5, 2003
How do I get my monitor profiled? Don’t I need an ICM file? If so where do I find one for this monitor? the Princeton people are useless. (You hear me Princeton? Useless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
L
LenHewitt
Dec 5, 2003
How do I get my monitor profiled? <<

With 3rd party calibration software/hardware which will create a monitor profile (.ICC/.ICM) for you. Sorry, but I can’t recommend anything for LCD screens

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections