C
Posted By
cliffdodge
Dec 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a library of images which an agency produced a number of years ago. The images I have are in EPS, GIF, TIF, and BMP formats. (all for windows)

My question is this: I have to create new images based on the old ones. I start with Illustrator 10 and create the EPS. Then I open the EPS in Photoshop 7 and save as TIFF, BMP and GIF formats. The file size is not at all like the originals. The TIFF comes out about 10 times the size of the first set of images created at the agency.

What could they have done to create a file 1.75 by 2.5 inches and 300 dpi index color that is 26kb in size? Mine come out about 325kb.

Any ideas? Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
JasonSmith
Dec 4, 2003
try LZW compression?
JS
John_Slate
Dec 4, 2003
I have to ask:

Why do you start with Illustrator?

The file types you mentioned should be openable in PS directly.
C
cliffdodge
Dec 8, 2003
I start with Illustrator because the logos contain lots of text which I set and create outlines. Then I save as an EPS file, which I open in Photoshop. I then save the file as Bitmap, Tiff and Gif from Photoshop. To export from Illustrator into the same formats gives a larger file size.

I have clicked all combinations of compression, mac IBM formats…. all with the same results. This is more a question of curiosity. The file size is not earthshattering – I am just curious how it might have been accomplished.

thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections