M
Posted By
Maryo
Dec 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m experiencing a fonts related trouble using CS.

When I open certain layered images with some text, I get the following error after loading.

"Some text layers might need to be updated before thay can be used for vector based output. Do you want to update these layers now?"

If I update the image, the previously used "Arial" font is updated into the undesired "New World Vibes" font.
When updated, fixed back to Arial and saved, the issue come back at the next loading…

This trouble happen only with very few images, I’m looking how to fix this problem.

Probably is not related, but the option "Maximize PSD File Compatibility" is currently set to Always. Is this correct for me, that I dont share .psd files and I use always the CS version ?

Thanks for any help

Mario

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SB
Scott_Byer
Dec 3, 2003
Hmm. Are you sure that New World Vibes font is OK? Have you tried killing all the font list cache files (adobefnt*.lst)? If that doesn’t work, could you send me the file to take a look?

-Scott
M
Maryo
Dec 4, 2003
Scott, thanks for answering my question, I will try to kill the cache files. Do I need to take any safe or I can simply delete all the adobefnt*.lst ?

If problem persist, I will send the .psd with the fonts issue, it’s very small.

Mario
L
LenHewitt
Dec 4, 2003
Nario,

or I can simply delete all the adobefnt*.lst ?<

Just delete all you find (and they will be in every folder on your machine where there is a font file). They will be rebuilt as required
M
Maryo
Dec 4, 2003
Thanks Len, I’ve erased 4 adobefnt*.lst but the fonts related issue persist, I will send the file to Scott for better investigation.

Mario
M
Maryo
Dec 6, 2003
Thanks also to len for the support. I’ve erased all the adobefmt*.lst but the issue persist.

I’ve sent the file to Scott for better investigation.

Mario
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 7, 2003
I’m getting the same message when opening a file with text. When I say yes, the type face stays, but the position of the type shifts up.

This is quite frustrating, as it means many corrections to a slew of pages already created in PS6.

The type face is a face from ITC.

I can say no but what is the updating trying to do? Since I am likely to only print these files on an inkjet, it probably isn’t important to update, but I would like to know what and why about this update.
L
LenHewitt
Dec 7, 2003
Lawrence

what is the updating trying to do? <<

From the Photoshop CS Readme:

Text Positioning

Due to a minor change in the way the Photoshop CS text engine renders certain text blocks, opening documents created in earlier versions of Photoshop may change the position of a text block. This specifically affects text blocks with hanging carriage returns, but may affect others as well.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 7, 2003
Thanks for the reminder. I did read that but forgot. Too many things to inhale!

The other half of the question: Do I need to update anyway? Better go look at that readme again.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections