GS
Posted By
Gail_Schmitt
Dec 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to create a graphic-intensive bookmark. I normally use Pagemaker where you can set the number of columns and space between them. I’d like to stay in Photoshop for this bookmark and need 5 across on a letter size page. What’s the easiest way to divide the page?

Gail

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mark_Hiers
Dec 2, 2003
Grids and guides.
PP
Peace_Pipe
Dec 2, 2003
If you select the Text icon, then click and drag a column to the size that you require, perhaps measuring out with the guides or grid as Mark suggests. You now have a column, If you just click with the text tool, then type and try to re size your column, you will stretch the text, not the column.
W
wes
Dec 3, 2003
Drag out guides at 20% intervals. Open you page, go to View>New guide and type in 20% and choose vertical. Then 40%, 60%, 80% and you will have 5 subdivisions of an 8.5 inch page. You should leave enough room on the left and right for the minimal margins however, so take that into consideration. I would probably open a new page at 8X10.5 inches and then do the percent thing.

wrote in message
If you select the Text icon, then click and drag a column to the size that
you require, perhaps measuring out with the guides or grid as Mark suggests. You now have a column, If you just click with the text tool, then type and try to re size your column, you will stretch the text, not the column.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections