Photoshop 5.5 missing a font…Futura (Extra Bold)

LS
Posted By
liz_santonas
Nov 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to make a copy of our company logo that uses Futura Extra Bold. Is there any version of PS that has it? Is it possible to add this onto PS 5.5? If so, how do I do it?
I’m running Windows 98.

I would love to get the newest version, but one thing at a time.

Thanks so much.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Z
zippy2000
Nov 25, 2003
Not to sure what you are asking here. If you are asking "Does PS come with the Futura typeface? The answer would be no. Futura is a "commercial" font that you have to pay for. If you have Illustrator/CorelDRAW/Freehand, then it may be on one of those CDs.

You might want to post this topic in the Typography forum <wink.wink.nudge.nudge>
LS
liz_santonas
Nov 25, 2003
sorry…this was my first time here and thought that this was the place.

thank you for your input
DM
Don_McCahill
Nov 25, 2003
Liz

Actually, this is probably as good a place as typography.

You probably want to buy a copy of Futura fonts if you don’t have it, and it is the company typeface. The font alone costs $26. It also comes in the Futura 2 package, which has 5 other weight/styles of Futura, and costs $136. For a few dollars more, you can get the Open Type versions, but if you are use version 5.5 you won’t be able to use its newer features.

<http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/P/P_046.jhtml>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections