BA
Posted By
Bruce_A_Henoch
Nov 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After installing, activating, and using CS successfully for a couple of weeks, I started to receive the following error whenever it is running: "The configuration for the activation license is missing. Please uninstall and reinstall the application." After the error box closes, the program shuts down. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application, and I keep getting this error. The program is unusable this way, and this is not acceptable for this level of software. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SB
Scott_Byer
Nov 24, 2003
If you haven’t scanned the machine for viruses, do so now.

If you haven’t done a Check Disk, it’s time for one. Get the properties of the hard drive, go to the Tools page, hit the Check Now button, and click on the Automatically Fix Problems checkbox. It’ll make you reboot. After it’s done, try re-installing and seeing if things are cleared up.

-Scott
BA
Bruce_A_Henoch
Nov 25, 2003
I have done a thorough error check on the disk, scanned for viruses, uninstalled PS and reinstalled it in Safe Mode, done everything I can think of, and still I get this error. THIS IS WHY PEOPLE DON’T LIKE ACTIVATION!! I am a legitimate user who paid Adobe a lot of money for this product and I CANNOT USE IT BECAUSE OF ADOBE’s IDIOTIC ACTIVATION. I don’t care if Adobe uses activation, but they better make sure it is bullet-proof, which this clearly is not.

WELL, ADOBE??? Can you please help me???
V
viol8ion
Nov 25, 2003
Are you running Zone Alarm? Did you do a system restore after installing? What OS? Give us a little more info and I am sure you will get more tips.

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Also, this is a good FAQ.
BA
Bruce_A_Henoch
Nov 25, 2003
I am running XP Home, with Norton Antivirus/Norton Personal Firewall in the background, on a P4 2.53 system with 1.5 Gig RAM. I have installed PSCS in safe mode to avoid installation problems with the A/V. Activation proceeds fine, and then after running PS for a while, an error box with this message pops up and the app shuts down. I thought maybe there is a problem with the firewall, but I’ve got a rule set up for PS allowing total access on all ports. I’m stumped.
MM
Mick_Murphy
Nov 25, 2003
Have all your installs been in safe mode? This might be the problem? I don’t think there is any reason to do this. I have installed normally and run CS on two machines with Norton Firewall and AV just disabling AV during the install.
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 25, 2003
I run zonealarm and nav2003 and i didn’t disable anything for the install, which went without a hitch. just fyi.
BA
Bruce_A_Henoch
Nov 25, 2003
If it is not the firewall and not the antivirus, then I am really stumped. The first time I installed PSCS, it was in regular mode with the a/v disabled. After having problems, I tried installing in safe mode. Neither has worked. I can’t think of any other apps running that might affect this. I am using Comcast cable modem service, although I can’t imagine that would affect anything.
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 25, 2003
try turning off the firewall and also make sure the firewall built into xp is off.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections