I’m new-Is what I need called grouping or layering?

DS
Posted By
David_Stroebel
Nov 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I merge two words togeter in a logo so that one almost overlaps part of the other word (slightly). I’m new at PS and would greatly appreciate help doing this. Thanks very much!

Dave

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 22, 2003
For starters you shouldn’t be doing a logo in Photoshop. But if you want to it would be a bit easier to figure out what you’re looking to do if you could post a link to something similar.

Bob
DS
David_Stroebel
Nov 22, 2003
The logo can be viewed at the link below:

<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/castingnewyork>
RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 22, 2003
Thanks. Just use two layers. You can then move the two parts around at will.

Bob
DS
David_Stroebel
Nov 22, 2003
Thanks Bob, but I don’t even know what commands to use. I am soooo new. Sorry
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 22, 2003
put one word on one layer. click the new layer button in the layers palette. put the other word on the other layer. select the move tool and move them so they overlap. and see "Using Layers" in the manual or help file.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Nov 23, 2003
David, I strongly encourage you to start reading the user guide or the help files, such basic operations are properly described…

Could you be more precise as what you want to do?

Layering would mean as Dave suggested : to put each word on a layer…

Grouping usually involves a layer that you will group (CTRL+G) with another one so that the transparency of the bottom layer is reported to the top layer. Useful to texturize a font, for instance…

Maybe you want to do masking: hide parts of the pink layer so it looks intertwined with the black one… create a layer mask on the pink layer and start painting with black on the mask…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections