LF
Posted By
Lynn_French
Nov 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a fairly new user. and I have a couple of questions: I imported a TIFF file and can open it in 6.0. However it is partially locked and I can not add any layers ann/or do the changes I would like. Any Ideas?
Second, there must be a way to draw a straight line with paint brush. Using the touch pad is difficuly at best as the control of the brush.

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PH
Photo_Help
Nov 21, 2003
Lynn,

I imported a TIFF file and can open it in 6.0. However it is partially locked and I can not add any layers ann/or do the changes I would like. Any Ideas?

The Image is most likely in "Index Color" mode. Go to Image -> Mode -> RGB Color.

There must be a way to draw a straight line with paint brush. Using the touch pad is difficult at best as the control of the brush.

Hold down shift while drawing.
SF
Scott_Falkner
Nov 21, 2003
About the straight line: Two methods.

1. Click for the start of the line, Shift+clik for the end of the line.

2. Make a path with the pen tool, then set you brush (colour, tool, brush size, etc.) and stroke the path. Don’t stroke it too much, or a soft line will become hard.
RS
Roy_Sutherland
Nov 26, 2003
Newbie with a question: I followed directions to draw a straight line by clicking for start and shift click for end but no straight line is drawn using the brush tool. Any suggestions for changing any settings? Thanks Roy
RS
Roy_Sutherland
Nov 26, 2003
found the answer….ctrl/alt/shift while starting ps7 to delete and create new preferences file.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections