M
Posted By
Maryo
Nov 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve installed, activated and used for two weeks Ps CS without trouble, I’m happy about this product.

I usually do a full Hdd backup using Symantec Ghost, the most reliable way in my opinion to perform full Hdd backup.

Some days ago, before upgrading my video driver, I’ve made a ghost hdd image backup. After updated the video driver, I was experiencing heavy trouble impossible to roll back. I’ve than restored the hdd contents using the ghost dump taken a few minutes before. All Ok (as usual) except Ps-CS that recognize some HW change and require another activation. I’ve made it again and now all is ok.

At the moment, I’ve activated CS two time, what to do in case I need to restore the op.sys. again ? I’m slighty concerned about the protection embedded in Ps, I found the Microsoft XP activation solution more reliable.

What to do in case of third activation required ?

Thanks for any help

Mario

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
Nov 21, 2003
Mario,

You could re-activate 1000 times on that machine and it would only count as one activation. Re-activations don’t count….
M
Maryo
Nov 21, 2003
Wow, now I’m more happy. I’ve read in the adobe activation explanation about a 2 time limit but I was probably confused…

Thanks Len for the info!

Mario
L
LenHewitt
Nov 24, 2003
You’re welcome, Mario

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections