dammit, eye candy 4000 shadowlab SUCKS….

E
Posted By
Extra
Nov 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
….or have I just not figured out how to change the perspective of a cast shadow? Older version shadow filter allowed me to change floor position, shadow length, etc…eyecandy 4000 has a dinky preset that’s similar, but you can’t tweak the necessary components to change the perspective of the shadow. Please tell me I’m an idiot and that there’s a simple way to do it that I haven’t figured out! I COULD manually change the cast of the shadow outside of the filter, but I have so many frames of animation to do this to, I just want the one-click convenience the old version offered.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JS
Jeff_Schewe
Nov 21, 2003
uh . . .this is the Photoshop user to user forum. . .maybe you want Alien Skin tech support?
E
Extra
Nov 21, 2003
I frequent the after effects forum (first time posting in PS), and there’s plenty of give/take about plugins…I assume most people here have plenty experience with eyecandy; who better to ask than the pro’s who use it directly with the application? I dug up the old eyecandy 3 and re-installed it. It has a filter called ‘perspective shadow’ which is what I wish EC4K’s shadowlab would do but doesn’t. Bummer.
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 21, 2003
I see that AS now has a forum with some input from AS designers and employees as well as users. Have you asked there? They seem pretty responsive. I have EC4k but don’t really use shadow lab much. I’ll play around some with it when I get home today.

dave
AC
Andrew_Curatola
Nov 21, 2003
Extra, I have Windows XP, CS and Eye Candy 4000. My ShadowLab seems to be working without any problem.
As soon as I click on the Arrow in Eye Candy/ShadowLab the bounding box appears around the shadow right away enabling me to control the perspective of the shadow.
Andrew
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 21, 2003
I agree w/andrew extra. Just checked it. I have control of:

Center offset direction
Center offset distance
Overall blur
Perspective blur
Foreground and backgroun colors.

And there are 8 presets.
E
Extra
Nov 21, 2003
* turns bright red*….I must’ve covered each and every single feature of that plugin 20 times looking to do that, but not once did I even think to mess with the arrow button, figuring it was just a fast way to move the shadow around. It struck me as really odd that they’d downgrade such a feature…but it’s actually been improved. Just when you think you know all there is to know about PS…Thanks evabuddy!
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 21, 2003
cool beans.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections