PS CS – Delivered "Broken"?? Or just extremely taxing on H/W?

DP
Posted By
Daryl Pritchard
Nov 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In reverse chrological order from the original problem I posted, and including one post from Mike Flood that I believe is related, the links below are to some threads I started in hope of getting some of the good helpful advice that is often found in the forum, and which I also try to offer as I’m able.

The problem regards a sudden abort of PS CS when accessing Photoshop Help from the Help menu or even via the F1 key. Originally I suspected PhotoTools to be a possible cause of the problem, but I’ve long since ruled that out. Likewise, no other plug-ins are the cause, and I don’t suspect my system either, because it has been extremely stable under WinXP and when used with PS7. Unless PS CS taxes system hardware in a way even more extreme than PS7, such that never-before-seen problems now surface, then I’m at a loss as to what is going wrong. Note too, that PS CS has been uninstalled and reinstalled. The only thing missing is to activate it, which I will not be doing until I feel confident that PS CS is worth keeping. I may end up selling it at a loss to some other Photoshop user who qualifies for the upgrade, and transfer the PS CS serial number to them.

Other than from Dave Milbut, whose comments I appreciate seeing, no help has really been offered on these topics, which rather suprised me. Perhaps people avoid reading posts of lengthy content, but that was provided so as to not only give good information to those knowledgeable enough to offer possible help, but also for the benefit of others who, over time, may see similar problems surface. All the details needed are in the threads already, so I’ll not repeat anything here. The first posting (the last link) can probably be ignored since it has the least useful info there and just provides first identification of the problem. The first link expresses some frustration which I’m sure most will understand just arises when one is tired and yet persistent is trying to overcome a battle with a troublesome application.

Daryl Pritchard "PS CS: Should MSVCRT.DLL & SHFOLDER.DLL be in root directory?" 11/19/03 2:05am </cgi-bin/webx?13/8>
Mike Flood "Runtime error R6025" 11/18/03 1:16am </cgi-bin/webx?13/2> Daryl Pritchard "PS CS: (Problem Duplicated!) Help Menu = Close Photoshop?" 11/16/03 2:30am </cgi-bin/webx?13/5>
Daryl Pritchard "PS CS: Help Menu = Close Photoshop?" 11/14/03 1:12am </cgi-bin/webx?50>

As always, any help is greatly appreciated,

Daryl

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections