stephen_zez
Nov 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all…

This is a question regarding Photoshop 7

Really strange prob – I do lots of batch processing… for example for headshots —> to convert color to black and white

Today I was using actions as usual… suddenly when I went to open the destination file after having completed one batch the format of the photos/files wasn’t in "jpg" —> it was an unknown format !!!! (therefore unopenable/unviewable)

What’s up with that ?!?!

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling (even deleting PS7 preferences in Win XP)…

I reset all my preferences, created new actions – did a test batch on a set of 4 photos… everything worked fine… Then went ahead and did a batch of about 100 pics and had the same problem again !

Shut down Photoshop… deleted the Preferences in Win XP… turned on Photoshop —> reset prefs —> recreated an action —> did a test with a set of 4 photos… same problem !

Any ideas???

many thanks in advance… Stephen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

8thNote
Nov 19, 2003
Do you happen to have any Extensis products installed? I’m not saying that’s the problem, but I’m just curious.

If you open one image format to Save As to another format, do you get double-extensions or wrong extensions?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections