P
Posted By
pope
Nov 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The Shadow/Highlight default is set on 50% Shadow, 0% Highlight. How can I change the default to 0% Shadow? Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
bryan_hughes
Nov 18, 2003
Change the settings as you would like them to be by default, then check the "show more options" box, and click on the button that reads "save as defaults". You can then click "show more options" again to hide the advanced functionality.

-Bryan
P
pope
Nov 18, 2003
Thanks, Bryan…it works. I liked Shadow/Highlights so much I never even checked out the additional options.
BH
bryan_hughes
Nov 18, 2003
You’re welcome, I’m glad to hear it. The radius control is especially useful in averting halos. Enjoy, Bryan.
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 18, 2003
Shadow Highlight is one of the coolest additions to CS. In many cases it gets the same or better results in seconds on underexposed photos than I’ve gotten by hand with an hour’s worth of tweaking levels curves and channels!
Q
Quale
Nov 19, 2003
When I installed CS, this was the first feature I played with. To bring out the really dark shadows below the 20’s, levels and curves still seems to work better. I’m looking for the Shadow Highlight adjustment layer.
KS
Ken_Storch_(aka_photon)
Nov 19, 2003
I agree with bryan and dave.
Shadow/Highlight Correction is one of my favorite new features. I find it a great time saver and often gets out details that are more difficult to pull out with Curves.

And I too look forward to the Adjustment Layer future version!

Ken Storch
SB
Scott_Byer
Nov 19, 2003
Because of the way Shadow/Highlight works, it most likely won’t end up as an adjustment layer, so don’t hold your breath.

-Scott
KS
Ken_Storch_(aka_photon)
Nov 20, 2003
Scott,

CC mentioned this, but we can dream…

Ken Storch

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections