GA
Posted By
George_Addison
Nov 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I open a grayscale or black and white image in Photoshop7, the image appears a sort of wine color, instead of shades of gray. With other image viewers, the picture looks normal.I tried changing the color settings, and turning off color management, but nothing works.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Nov 15, 2003
Calibrate your monitor.
EJ
Eddy_Juillerat
Nov 23, 2003
Its not about the monitor, the desktop and the color picker show correct grayscale. Only greys IN the image ares colored. I’ve got the same problem, but only in Photoshop 7. 5 is correct.
CW
Colin_Walls
Nov 23, 2003
Eddy:

It is the monitor. PS is applying colour management to your image [only].
EJ
Eddy_Juillerat
Nov 23, 2003
You tell that is a problem between the color management and the monitor? So what can we do?
P
PShock
Nov 23, 2003
So what can we do?

In the immortal words of Lawrence Hudetz, "Calibrate your monitor".

-phil
EJ
Eddy_Juillerat
Nov 23, 2003
If I change the calibration of my monitor, I will obtain a good gray image but a blue of all the rest of the display. Not the good solution…
CW
Colin_Walls
Nov 23, 2003
Run Adobe Gamma – you will not screw up the general use of your monitor. This is what "Calibrate your monitor" means.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Nov 23, 2003
I’m being immortalized for What?!! 😉
EJ
Eddy_Juillerat
Nov 24, 2003
for the words "calibrate your monitor". But if the greys are good in Photoshop 5 and colored in 7, I don’t think that the gamma calibration will help.
L
LenHewitt
Nov 24, 2003
Edie,

Regardless of your instincts, calibrate your monitor……or live with the way it is now.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections