Replies
Status
Closed
maybe this topic should have its own group/

i’ve been ‘activated’ for 14 days now1

i have no ill side effects that i’m aware of. ;-0

–tom

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Nov 14, 2003
Welcome to the Matrix!
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 14, 2003
Good morning Mr. Anderson.
DM
Debbie_Mitchell
Nov 14, 2003
Our IT department said we will not be allowed to upgrade due to them seeing this as a security risk.

Any idea if the activation can be worked around?
RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 14, 2003
How many licenses do you have? Volume licenses do not have to be activated.

BTW, if they consider this a security risk, they shouldn’t even be using e-mail.

Bob
G
graffiti
Nov 14, 2003
Our IT department said we will not be allowed to upgrade due to them seeing this as a security risk.

LOL. Just like an IT department. 🙂
JW
John_Waller
Nov 14, 2003
BTW, if they consider this a security risk, they shouldn’t even be using e-mail.

My thought precisely.

They need to read the facts about activation a bit more.

If they’re *really* concerned, why not call Adobe and discuss it with them?

Regards

John Waller
SB
Scott_Byer
Nov 15, 2003
Yeaqh, pretty stunning. You can always use the phone activation option- it’s an automated response system.

But if you’ve got more than 5 people using Photoshop there, you should really consider the volume licensing – it will save you money.

-Scott
L
Larry
Nov 15, 2003
The trend among many public organizations is to prohibit all non intra-organization email. Private organizations are starting to adopt this policy as well. This is one of the responses to the vulnerability of Windoze based systems to various types of attacks.

It appears this will lead Adobe to create a caste system of users. The big guys will do as they have in the past and not be annoyed with activation — because they would refuse to do so anyway. The small guys — and individuals — will be treated like thieves and suffer at the hands of the pro-activationists.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections