F
Posted By
fredley44
Nov 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know if Adobe will honor upgrade offers if switching from Mac to PC?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RB
Robert_Blackwell
Nov 11, 2003
Yes, just call Adobe for details.
L
LenHewitt
Nov 11, 2003
Fredly,

Adobe do offer cross-platform upgrades, but at a somewhat higher cost than the ‘straight’ upgrade
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 11, 2003
that’s not what I’ve read in the mac forum len. Over there they said you need to fill out a form. if it’s a cross grade to the same version (ie. cs > cs) you pay for shipping only. If the shipping version is newer than you’re current version (ie. 6 > cs or 7 > cs) you pay upgrade + shipping. At least that’s how I understand it.

The form is supposedly similar to the licence transfer form where you agree to destroy all disks and manuals related to the version you’re giving up.
L
LenHewitt
Nov 11, 2003
Dave,

Maybe they’ve changed the system….

What used to happen is that you got the application for the other platform along with a new License, at a (slightly) reduced cost.(Meaning you then had two Licenses and were free to sell the original version).
RB
Robert_Blackwell
Nov 11, 2003
I thought now days (although I’ve never done or called myself)you sign a letter saying you’ll destroy your old copy and then they just give you the cross platform free +s/h or at regular upgrade price if you are upswitching. It would be nice if they’d write this down somewhere, it certainly is a faq.
IL
Ian_Lyons
Nov 11, 2003
Len,

Adobe do offer cross-platform upgrades, but at a somewhat higher cost than the ‘straight’ upgrade

It seems to vary by region but Adobe UK let you convert your PC license to Mac or vice versa for the same cost an upgrade. Obviously you get the full version disk with the OS specific SN.

I went through the process 2 years back and friend went the other way about 9 weeks back.
F
fredley44
Nov 12, 2003
Thanks, folks. I guess I’ll have to give them a call.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections