KN
Posted By
Ken_Norick
Nov 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I open "My Pics", thumbnail colors are ok, when I open any one of them,pics are pink/purpleish. I reset Preferences and restarted several times. A dialouge box says "You currently have Adobe Photoshop’s primary scratch and Window’s primary paging file on the same volume, which can result in reduced performance. It is recommended that you set Adobe Photoshop’s primary scratch volume to be on a different volume, preferably on a different physical drive. ??? What must I do???
Dell 8300,Windows, Processor, 3.0 G, 512MB, 80 G 7200 H.D.

Ken Norick

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GH
Gary_Hummell
Nov 10, 2003
Have you run Adobe Gamma from the control panel. Monitor profiles can get corrupted occasionally. Also, check out:
<http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_1.htm> That site is great for checking your color management settings. The scratch disk is unrelated to color management so don’t worry about that at the moment.

Gary
KN
Ken_Norick
Nov 11, 2003
Gary,
I ran Adobe Gamma, it really fixed my color problem.Still don’t understand the "Volume" problem, if there really is one, I guess time will tell. Thanks for the help. Ken
L
LenHewitt
Nov 11, 2003
Ken,

That message is INFORMATIONAL only. If you have more than one HDD, Photoshop works better with the Photoshop Scratch on a different volume to the Windows Paging File. If you only have one HDD, then you don’t have a choice….

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections