M
Posted By
matrixrose
Nov 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using photoshop 7.0 and just upgraded to Photoshop CS. I don’t think that the upgrade is the issue but I am not sure. I open up a picture that I took using a digital camera and:

I CANNOT:
Use the paint brush over it
Use the patch or healing tool

I CAN
Use the magic wand
Creates shapes in other layers
Add text in a text layer.

When I installed CS suite none of my other programs uninstalled (I still have Photoshop 7.0 and the previous version loaded). So I tried to open the same pics in 7.0 and I was able to do everything. Any ideas anyone?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
matrixrose
Nov 8, 2003
While I was reading another post about tool problems I read someone say that it was there Wacom Tablet. I unplugged mine, and it cleared up the problem.
CR
Claudia_Robinson
Nov 9, 2003
Matrixrose is talking about my problem except that none of my tools worked…I could hightlight them but the arrow stayed an arrow. If you use a Wacom tablet be sure to download the current drivers. I did that and I’m shmoking now.
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 9, 2003
Check the image mode and depth.
M
matrixrose
Nov 9, 2003
have a graphire2 Wacom tablet, last night I installed the latest drivers that I could see for it (Oct 2003) and I still have the same problem.

For me it’s not that big a deal because as I am still a beginner in graphic design I am still comfortable using my mouse. But I thought I would mention it.

The image mode was was set to RGB, like I said I do not have the problem with Photoshop 7.0 nor do I have the problem when I unplug my wacom tablet. So I don’t think it’s a photoshop setting issue, i think it’s an incaptability issue with Wacom.
W
wes
Nov 9, 2003
I know this doesn’t help you solve your problem, but, I use the Graphire 2 tablet and have had no problems, so far, with PSCS. I am running WinXP Home, with 1 GB RAM, 2.3MHz and plenty of HDD space. Sometimes, it helps to know that not everyone is having your particular problem with similar hardware. So, it could be just your particular tablet or some other competing parts of the computer.

wrote in message
have a graphire2 Wacom tablet, last night I installed the latest drivers
that I could see for it (Oct 2003) and I still have the same problem.
For me it’s not that big a deal because as I am still a beginner in
graphic design I am still comfortable using my mouse. But I thought I would mention it.
The image mode was was set to RGB, like I said I do not have the problem
with Photoshop 7.0 nor do I have the problem when I unplug my wacom tablet. So I don’t think it’s a photoshop setting issue, i think it’s an incaptability issue with Wacom.
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 11, 2003
Please contact Wacom about this.

They are very responsive about driver problems.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections