L
Posted By
ljmichelich
Nov 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having a very strange problem with PS Help.
It occurs when I am editing Blending Options, not all the time, but only in Blending Options. When I try to enter a value in a text entry window the PS Help window in Explorer pops open.
No matter what I try to do to close it (ie. using the menu bar toggle or right clicking on the task bar and closing)it keeps popping open.
The only thing I have been able to do to stop this is to the hide the HELP folder by renaming it. I have PS7.01 on a WinXP system, and every else is fine with PS as far as I can tell. Any ideas?

Larry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Nov 8, 2003
I think this is related to system resources on 9x/me systems. rebooting seems to clear it up. then up the windows swap size, and/or add more memory.
WH
Will_Hayes
Nov 22, 2003
I was having this problem just recently with my PS6, some reason it would bring up a PS 5.0 Help window whenever I tried entering a value for ‘filling’, nothing else, always filling.

Each time it happened I would furiously click the x, right-click the menu bar and close it, even bring up task manager and kill it that way. But help always came back, with tips on how to use the painter always the page showing.

After doing that strenious task I’d remember how i defeated the problem the time before, hit ‘Enter’. That for some reason over rules any mouse work and you are set, one more help window will appear and after closing that you will be fine.

Well that’s how it flowed with me. No doubt it will happen again to me and I will yet again forget what I did the time before.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections