LC
Posted By
Lee_Clayton
Nov 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can use the Photoshop CS File Browser to see the Nikon RAW formatted files on a CompactFlash card. However, I don’t seem to be able to use the File Browser to copy the files and paste them on my hard drive in a specific folder. Is there any way that Photoshop CS can handle the transfer of the RAW formatted files to the hard drive or am I going to be forced to use the Nikon Browser and add one more step to my digital workflow? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RG
Rags_Gardner
Nov 7, 2003
I don’t understand your issue. I just drag and drop with the mouse all the time. Use "ctrl" to copy if the source and destination folders are on the same drive.

Cheers, 🙂 Rags
LG
Lautaro_Gonda
Nov 7, 2003
I have a coolpix 5000 and I had always used nikon browser to transfer my the images to my computer first, then open them with Photoshop. After reading your post I tried opening the RAW files directly from the camera with PS file browser. It worked like a charm. I plug the camera in to a USB port and it shows up as a removable disk. There are some internal directories to go through but the files are right there on the camera. Opening, drag-copying, and deleting are a breeze. What problems are you having? I’d be glad to help in return for this great idea you gave me.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections