JD
Posted By
Joe_Dempsey
Nov 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been trying for about 45 minutes to get a file open in CS PS. It is on my laptop and I opened and worked on it several times at the office today. When I try to open it, I have 559 RAM available for use, the file is 28MB. Version Cue says the file is "Ready for Use." I select the file click open and the file box goes away and nothing happens. I used the file right before I shut down the computer and brought it home and it was fine. PS CS goes into the non-responsive mode and nothing happens. Two minutes is plenty of time for a file to opne. I have opened 300mb files in PS 7 in less time that that. As far as I can tell, I am doing nothing different than I did earlier today. Toshiba Satellite, XP Home, P4 2.8 and 1.022 RAM. What am I doing wrong? I have $749.00 worth of the latest and greatest software and am not billing hours. Does anyone feel my pain?
Kindest regard,
Joe

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JD
Joe_Dempsey
Nov 4, 2003
Now I have tried to open other files that are "Ready for Use," same song second verse. Should I dump PS and reinstall or what?
TNX,
Joe
PS Managed to open an AI file while PS & VC were running with no trouble, so it seems to be PS. I am at a loss … ran chkdsk and norton ?????????

TNX, JOe
JD
Joe_Dempsey
Nov 4, 2003
Having followed my own advice and reinstalling, whatevertohellwasthematter went to electron purgatory and the software seems to be working just fine now. Is this a great country or what?
Joe
JD
Joe_Dempsey
Nov 4, 2003
I have been trying for 45 minute to get files to open in CSPS with no success. I need to get a 28MB file from CSPS to CSAI. Opening both programs at once completely bogs the machine down with from 410 to 559 RAM available and VC running with one either AI or PS running. So I said to my self, self, open PS copy the layer you need. Close PS, open AI and paste. A cumbersome workaround mind you, but it should work. The *&^%# file will not even open with just PS running. The file is on my laptop and I have been working successfully with it all day at the office. In fact, I worked on it and saved it just before shutting down at the office and bring the laptop home. I have waited for this file to open for at least three minutes several times. In PS7 with the same machine I have opened 300 mb files in less time than that. I had a normal shut down and boot when I came home, so I don’t think the file is the culprit. My machine is a Toshiba Satellite Laptop, P4 2.8, a Gig of ram operating on XP HOme. Bottom line, I have $749 worth of the latest software installed and I’m not billing any hours. Does anyone out there feel my pain? What in the tunket am I ddoing wrong?
Kindest regards,
Joe
JD
Joe_Dempsey
Nov 4, 2003
Thanks Joe
Joe
Y
YrbkMgr
Nov 4, 2003
Joe,

No experience with CS (yet). But have you tried drag-n-drop from Windows Explorer onto Photoshop?
JD
Joe_Dempsey
Nov 4, 2003
Yrbk:
Version Cue stores the files in a database and I don’t think they are accessible hrough explorer. In any case, I reinstalled PSCS and the program is working normally, including opening AI and PS simultaneuously and dragging and dropping between programs. Overall, the program, when it is working (and I’ll confess, I’m only three days into it) works better than the old separate versions.TNX,
Joe
CS
Carol_Steele
Nov 4, 2003
Moved duplicate message to join original one

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections