BO
Posted By
Burton_Ogden
Nov 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I understand that people who purchased the upgrade to Photoshop 7 after Adobe’s product announcement of Photoshop CS are entitled to a free upgrade to PS CS during a "grace period". Is that grace period still in effect, and if it is, when does it expire? (If it isn’t, when did the grace period expire?)

In other words, if I now purchased locally an upgrade to PS7 from my present PS5, would I be entitled to a free upgrade to PS CS, and what would I need to establish that entitlement? (Dated store receipts, etc?)

I would like to have PS7 in addition to PS CS because I haven’t upgraded my operating system from Win98SE to WinXP yet (I will), and also because some plug-ins may work for PS7 that don’t work for PS CS. I have a copy of the Photoshop 7 upgrade on hold at a local software store, but I won’t purchase it if I will have to purchase two separate upgrades to get to the latest Photoshop.

— Burton —

P.S. Actually I would like to purchase the entire Adobe CS suite if there is a really "smart" way to do this (I love a bargain and I have lusted for InDesign from the start), but obviously there are no "previous" upgrades to the CS bundle available so a grace period for upgrading to the entire CS bundle may not be applicable and I may have to confine myself to Photoshop for the time being.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 3, 2003
If you bought PS 7.0 after 9/28 you are eligible for the free (you pay shipping) upgrade to CS. I think the offer expires 12/31.

Bob
BO
Burton_Ogden
Nov 3, 2003
Bob,

If you bought PS 7.0 after 9/28 you are eligible…

OK, does that also apply if I bought the upgrade after 9/28 ?

— Burton —
RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 3, 2003
It doesn’t matter if it was the full version or an upgrade.

Bob
BO
Burton_Ogden
Nov 3, 2003
Bob,

So, has Adobe said somewhere what they need in the way of proof that a purchased upgrade to Photoshop 7 qualifies for the "grace" upgrade to Photoshop CS? I am referring to such items as a dated store receipt for the upgrade to Photoshop 7. I had hoped that detailed upgrade requirements like this would appear on Adobe’s website, but I have not found them.

My current plan is to purchase the Photoshop 7 upgrade that I have on hold in a local store and keep the dated receipt as proof of the date of purchase being within the grace period. But there might be some additional requirement(s) that I have not thought of.

— Burton —
JJ
Jerry_Jensen
Nov 3, 2003
I called Adobe the day I bought 7.01 (October 6, 2003). The fellow (Cory) said that yes, I could get the CS version but I had to fax him a copy of my sales receipt which I did. Haven’t heard a word since then (I do have a Case #). The conversation was good, the fact that I have heard zilch since then (he said he would get back to me) bothers me a bit.
BO
Burton_Ogden
Nov 3, 2003
Jerry,

…the fact that I have heard zilch since then (he said he would get back to me) bothers me a bit.

Me too. Thanks for that information, even if it is a bit disquieting.

— Burton —
RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 3, 2003
Burton,

Call the Adobe Store and ask them. I think that now that the product is shipping they should simply take your order over the phone, ask you to fax the receipt and send you the software.

Bob
BO
Burton_Ogden
Nov 3, 2003
Bob,

Call the Adobe Store and ask them.

Will do.

— Burton —
SB
Scott_Byer
Nov 3, 2003
There are probably too many people eligible for an upgrade for the store to call them all back. It’d be nice if Adobe provided a status web site or something.

Also, it does take a bit to put enough packages together to satisfy the order backlog. "Now Shipping" just means that the first one went out the door. It could take several weeks to catch up, depending on how big the backlog was. And you guys do pretty good at building a big backlog (thanks!).

-Scott

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections